android
Old 08-08-2009, 10:23 AM

Default 8GB P3 at Dell for $109!!!

Holy shiz, Dell is having a $40 off sale on P3s until August 13th! I'm so pissed right now because I'm bidding on a used P3 on eBay and I'm about to win it for around the same price. : (

Dell is "temporarily out of stock," though, so I dunno if they're still taking orders on them.

http://search.dell.com/results.aspx?...at=all&x=0&y=0

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-09-2009, 07:51 PM

Just ordered mine a little while ago. Dell told me they were getting a shipment of P3s within the next 5 days. Should be in my hands August 17th or earlier.

Old 08-10-2009, 02:43 AM

hmmm...are these still shipping way late (like the previous ones?)
PC Audio: Logitech Z-5300e 5.1 - Energy RC-10 - X-Fi Fatal1ty Pro - Onkyo Integrated Amp

Old 08-10-2009, 12:30 PM

Oh they'll be taking orders on them, no way they'd ever turn down taking your money. But just like everybody else that bought a P3 from Dell, you're definately going to have to wait.
"How selfish soever man may be supposed, there are evidently some principles in his nature, which interest him in the fortunes of others, and render their happiness necessary to him, though he derives nothing from it..." - Adam Smith

Old 08-10-2009, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeusEx View Post
hmmm...are these still shipping way late (like the previous ones?)
Yeah, mine shipped about a week and a half after I ordered it, but according o dell's estimate (the bastards haven't given me tracking info for some reason), I should get my P3 tomorrow (Tuesday August 11). They also mixed up my color choice, but I actually prefer it because I ordered silver and they are sending me black.

Old 08-10-2009, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by echoplex View Post
Yeah, mine shipped about a week and a half after I ordered it, but according o dell's estimate (the bastards haven't given me tracking info for some reason), I should get my P3 tomorrow (Tuesday August 11). They also mixed up my color choice, but I actually prefer it because I ordered silver and they are sending me black.
They never gave me tracking info either. It's been constantly "temporarily unavailable". How convenient oh well, as far as I know my order got to its destination. Now I just have to wait for it to get sent in my direction
"How selfish soever man may be supposed, there are evidently some principles in his nature, which interest him in the fortunes of others, and render their happiness necessary to him, though he derives nothing from it..." - Adam Smith

Old 08-11-2009, 01:41 PM

Well not for nothing, I spoke to customer service and ask whether or not I could order even though it's all temporarily out of stock, she said I could. And so thats what I did, I ordered it on about the 6th, was shipped the 7th, and I received it just yesterday the 11th xD. I did the free shipping, so I dunno. If it helps I did order the silver 8gb model, for 117 after tax.

Old 08-16-2009, 07:37 AM

Now there is an additional 10% off coupon code "WKF35JP9FR9BLQ". Man, P3 should be a great seller for Dell...

Old 08-16-2009, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PodD View Post
Now there is an additional 10% off coupon code "WKF35JP9FR9BLQ". Man, P3 should be a great seller for Dell...
Tempting, Tempting! That damn UI is just too busy for me, though! Still tempting... I do not really need another player right now... but damn.. tempting! I just sent back a refurbed 8gb P2 (Amazon $75.00) last week because it had a loose casing AND I could not justify buying that when I already have a 16gb Q1 with essentially the same sound quality.. which would be the same with the P3... grrrrrrrrrrr... it is tempting though. Oh hell, I am broke.. but .. I knew I should not have turned on my comp. this morning! Please don't let it be that they accpet PayPal. It is the only money I have for the next couple of weeks!

Old 08-16-2009, 09:50 AM
Ultra Senior Member

You can remove all the widgets to make the UI a simple icon array like everyone else, Keeper. Your logic concerning getting one is still sound though. These things are not necessities. Keep listening to your Q1, and if you have a real lust for a touchscreen player at least wait a month. If you have a source of income and can put a couple dollars into an envelope every day or two, you'll be "able" to reward yourself with something amazing around Christmas time. There will be a new Zune HD, possibly a Creative Zii, a Samsung M1, an Archos 3, and still the P3, S9, SPINN, anything else they sell today to choose from.

Last edited by Olley; 08-16-2009 at 10:58 AM.

Old 08-16-2009, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olley View Post
You can remove all the widgets to make the UI a simple icon array like everyone else, Keeper. Your logic concering getting one is still sound though. These things are not necessities. Keep listening to your Q1, and if you have a real list for a touchscreen player at least wait a month. If you have a source of income and can put a couple dollars into an envelope every day or two, you'll be "able" to reward yourself with something amazing around Christmas time. There will be a new Zune HD, possibly a Creative Zii, a Samsung M1, an Archos 3, and still the P3, S9, SPINN, anything else they sell today to choose from.

Ahhh, I did not know you could remove the widgets. Thanks, .. Yes, I have been following the discussions of the players you have mentioned, particularly the ones about the Zune HD... might be a gift for a friend at the end of the year. That is still some deal on the P3 though, especially since I sent the P2 back, which was my drool dream player when I was dumping my money into Chinese players.

But you are so correct, I need to chill out for now and concentrate on saving up for a great touch screen player for my friend and a great phone for myself. I am now looking into that HTC Pro 2. I will ask more questions about it in a thread I started.

This P3 deal is a great one. Congratulations to those of you who can take advantage of it, especially with the extra 10% off coupon code.

Last edited by Keeper; 08-16-2009 at 11:26 AM.

Old 08-17-2009, 01:34 PM

That is quite the steal with the additional 10% off, kind of makes you wonder if Dell got hold of a few that fell off the back of a truck, or what they're paying wholesale for the players if they can still sell them for $108 plus a 10% discount.

I also like your idea Olley. I think I'll try that for myself and see how it goes, maybe by christmas I'll start looking on Head-Direct for some shiny new headphones.

Old 08-17-2009, 05:40 PM

Coupon MessageClose
Coupon Error..???We're sorry, the coupon code you have entered is not valid in the segment in which you are currently shopping. Please review the offer details associated with the coupon to determine the segment in which it is valid.

Old 08-18-2009, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artdink1111 View Post
Coupon MessageClose
Coupon Error..???We're sorry, the coupon code you have entered is not valid in the segment in which you are currently shopping. Please review the offer details associated with the coupon to determine the segment in which it is valid.
i think it's a dell small business code.

Old 08-18-2009, 07:27 PM

This coupon was valid for Dell Home on Sunday, but now it's a Dell Small Business code only, as Mike said. Just a reminder: the coupon expires Thursday.