android
Old 08-18-2009, 10:04 PM

Help P3 lock/password

i heard the P2 had this feature... could be wrong
i ordered one form DELL(i know it might take till october, but i'll wait)

side note: they charged my credit card already..... does that mean it's coming or.......

so does the P3 have the lock feature and if yes how is it impelmented

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-18-2009, 10:43 PM

ok so dude first of all.....dell are a bunch of mofo's! i bought my p3 on july 5....got delayed 3 time in a mofoin row!!! i called them about 200 times to tell them to hurry up and send the darn thing but no it was in "production." ur card WILL be charged whether they have sent the p3 out or not. that's how dirty they work. they charge u for an item they haven't even sent. Anyways to answer ur question...NOthere is no password but there is a lockbutton on the top left of the player.

Old 08-18-2009, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaSkittles101 View Post
ok so dude first of all.....dell are a bunch of mofo's! i bought my p3 on july 5....got delayed 3 time in a mofoin row!!! i called them about 200 times to tell them to hurry up and send the darn thing but no it was in "production." ur card WILL be charged whether they have sent the p3 out or not. that's how dirty they work. they charge u for an item they haven't even sent. Anyways to answer ur question...NOthere is no password but there is a lockbutton on the top left of the player.
so did u ever get it lol(P3 that is)
well thanks for the answer

when do u think I'll receive it........(will i ever get it ???)
ordered on the 15th so not too long ago

also the 5th ???, tell me if u get it by the end of the month K

Old 08-18-2009, 11:59 PM

haha long story....after the 200th call i wanted to talk to samsung. The p3 was out of stock apparently at dell. (the black) I called up samsung and asked them if they had it in stock. they said yes. N then i asked why they are not supplying dell with the p3's. the manager told me they have not recieved any erquests of shipment. I FLIPPED! I waited for a month and a half and PAID(i got charged) for an item DELL was OUT OF STOCK and DIDNT request another SUPPLY REFILL!!!! I complainded for about 30 minutes and finally they asked me if i wanted the silver p3. they toldme that they had that one in stock. I was speeeechless! All that time they could have told me. I finally got the p3 5 days after the order. so in total i waited from july 5th to june mofoin 30th for this amazing player TnT

What i suggest you do is call up dell.....whenever they are open.....and ask if the p3 u ordered is in stock. If not cancel and order a different color. It'll save youa lot of time, frustration, and an eternal hate for dell. =) YOu'll prob recieveby the 20th if they have it in stock.

Old 08-19-2009, 01:26 PM

The first place i ordered was from dell, and this was about the 23rd of june. And to this date dell has yet to ship my P3, so i ended up going to B and H and got it with no problem at all. My dell order is actually still in and im amazed that they're really taking this long just to ship it. I can say i'm never ordering from dell again.

But more on topic, no it does not have a password thing like the P2 has, the only thing close to 'locks' is just a hold button.

Last edited by Regicidal; 08-19-2009 at 01:47 PM.

Old 08-19-2009, 04:51 PM

I ordered from Dell, it took them about a month and a half (after one cancelled order) to get the P3 I wanted in stock, but they didn't charge me for it till

a) It was in stock and,
b) It was being sent to me.

So that being said it seems like dell has a permenant shade of grey on when they will charge you for your product and why.

As for that "expected delivery date" be ready for that to get pushed back by a couple of weeks, probably, a couple of times.

As you can see there is a fair few Dell haters on the P3 forum. We've all had some rough experiences with the corporate goliath. And many of us would like to go kick our respective "customer service representatives" in the junk for making us wait so long
"How selfish soever man may be supposed, there are evidently some principles in his nature, which interest him in the fortunes of others, and render their happiness necessary to him, though he derives nothing from it..." - Adam Smith

Old 08-19-2009, 04:54 PM
Banned

No password, but you can lock the P3 either from the screen or the top button.