android
Old 08-20-2009, 12:36 PM

Default Tips and Tricks for a New P3 Owner?

Hi all, I'm currently waiting for the UPS truck to deliver my P3 and I was wondering if there were any tips, tricks, and any other misc. info anyone might have for a first time P3 owner. Links to topics that might already answer my questions are also welcomed.

Things like:
What's the best firmware version, or is the newest one the best?

What's a good video converter to use to make sure that my P3 plays the videos I load on it?

I have Rhapsody-To-Go, I heard that you have to change the region to make it work, is this so? And if I have the Rhapsody player installed on my pc so do I just drag and drop songs to dl them to my P3?

What are some of the best flash games to get?

I've been hearing a lot about the UI being laggy, any tips to minimize the lagging?

I think that's all for now, but any other misc. tips, tricks and info would be greatly appreciated.

Much thanks in advance!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-20-2009, 01:22 PM

Actually I have my first real question:

I'm pretty sure (please correct me if I'm wrong) I have to be in MTP mode to transfer rhapsody songs, but to drag and drop songs I have to be in UMS, so my question is: does it matter which mode I'm in for playback, or do I have to be in MTP mode to play the DRM songs and UMS mode to play the DnD'd songs?

Old 08-20-2009, 01:56 PM
Banned

Hi, I'm unsure about Rhapsody as I don't use it, but the P3 has both MTP and UMS modes, so it does work.

Any Video converter is good - it converts just about anything should you need it.

I like firmware 2.07 as it has certain on-screen functions not included in later firmwares, although later firmwares are faster and more fluid.

Anything else you need to know can usually be found by searching the P3 forums. It's a great player, so I trust you'll enjoy it.

Old 08-20-2009, 02:01 PM

Thanks, so do I need to be in any specific mode (MTP or UMS) to play drm or drag and drop songs or will either mode play either format?

Old 08-20-2009, 02:07 PM

1) I love the latest firmware (2.18)
2) Uhm...well, you don't usually need a video converter. Tell us if you do though. We'll be happy to help!
3) I haven't used Rhapsody for a LONG time, so I won't be able to help you out there
4) Well, you can look in the "Flash Games and Applications" section...you'll find lots of games there. Not all of them work though!
5) My UI isn't laggy. Period. (I use a total of three widgets...one per page, and I only have the necessities on the "main page", because I want my background pic to stand out!)

If you need more help in the future, just either leave one of us a PM, or make a thread, so that we all may help you. Have fun with your P3!

Old 08-20-2009, 02:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by finesthours View Post
Thanks, so do I need to be in any specific mode (MTP or UMS) to play drm or drag and drop songs or will either mode play either format?
I've never used MTP mode for anything, so I can't help you there.

Old 08-24-2009, 04:46 PM

any tips? well, the only one that I can think of is if you press and hold the music, video, pictures, of text icon in one of the default Styles, then it will take you to the now playing screen for that app. pretty useful

if you've got any more questions, just PM me. especially if you've got questions about the P3 playing nice with a mac (video converters, audio converters, and that kind of thing )

Old 08-24-2009, 11:21 PM

I've also ordered the P3 and don't have it yet, but I do use Rhapsody. I assume Rhapsody treats the P3 like any other MP3 player I own, which means it needs to be in MTP mode. After you launch Rhapsody, it should recognize the P3 and then you can drag and drop. I also read in this forum that you have to make sure the region is correct.