android
Old 09-01-2009, 11:23 AM

Default nwz-a729 freezing/crashing

I have had my player since december 2008 with great use and good times. However, just a few days ago, my player crashed on me. I cant hit any of the face buttons and I must press the reset to restart the player. I have not dropped it ever. Ive tried reformatting it and updating to the latest firmware, but it still crashes. It gets annoying pressing the reset button every 15 minutes because at times thats how often it crashes. If anyone has any information and can help, I will greatly appreciate it. I dont want to turn to ipod but this is already the 4th sony product that has malfunctioned.

Regards

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-01-2009, 03:52 PM

hmm, this is unfortunate to hear, since you got it last december, contact your sony service centre to get it fixed under warranty because no player should be crashing every 15 minutes.

if you can't find a local service centre go to a sony store or something if not I am sure something came in the box with the player regarding service and repair.

Old 09-05-2009, 01:05 AM

I have played the Walkman quite a lot during this past summer in my car. I have an aux input jack in my car and readily connect the player to it. Thing is some days the temp has gone to 100+ degrees Fahrenheit. I wonder if internal heating has caused this problem of continuous crashing/restarting.

Any ideas? thanks!

Old 09-07-2009, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovanesg View Post
I have played the Walkman quite a lot during this past summer in my car. I have an aux input jack in my car and readily connect the player to it. Thing is some days the temp has gone to 100+ degrees Fahrenheit. I wonder if internal heating has caused this problem of continuous crashing/restarting.

Any ideas? thanks!
Certainly electronics can be affected by heat. It all depends on the rated operation temperature range for your unit. According to the owner's manual for my A829 (similar to your A729), the rated operational temperature range is between 41F and 95F. That would make it seem like your 100F+ days may have adversely affected your player.