android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > SanDisk Sansa > Sansa c200

Old 09-09-2009, 05:31 PM

Default Files not showing up on SD Card after changing modes and removing it!!

Okay here is what happened. When I installed Norton 360, my computer stoped recognizing my Sansa c250. So I paniced, at first I tried connecting in MSC mode, and while my computer did recognize the device, the files did'nt showed up in weird numbers and folders. At some point, I think I even removed the SD card while the device was off, and turned the device back on. I don't remember when, but I did put the SD card back, don't remember if the device was still on at the time and what mode it was on. I might have been switching modes and taking the card off trying different things.

Finally I find out the way to fix this was to go to my device manager, and uninstall the Sansa driver while my Sansa was still connected. So I did that, disconnected while in AUTO DETECT MODE and then reconnected my sansa. Now my computer reinstalled the driver and recognizes the device again.

Problem now is, none of my songs show up on my SD Card either on my computer with Sansa connected or in the Sansa itself! The card does show that it has used space, so I know the files are still there. When I switch to MSC mode, or load the SD Card in a separate reader, there is a folder called SYSTEM and a bunch of folders within folders and DAT files with numbers as names. Is there anything I can do now at all??

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-09-2009, 05:57 PM

Sounds like corrupted data, format your card with the panasonic format tool or you could use windows too, look here. Don't forget that you will lose all the data on the card and/or the player when you format. After you are done, I also think you should pick a mode (either msc or mtp) and stick with it, nothing good comes from changing modes and you can't see what was loaded from one mode to the other.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 09-09-2009, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post
Sounds like corrupted data, format your card with the panasonic format tool or you could use windows too, look here. Don't forget that you will lose all the data on the card and/or the player when you format. After you are done, I also think you should pick a mode (either msc or mtp) and stick with it, nothing good comes from changing modes and you can't see what was loaded from one mode to the other.
So there is no way to recover this data now? Ever?