android
Old 09-11-2009, 10:22 AM

Default Fuze batery only last for 12 hours :(

Greetings!
I have bought a sansa fuze last sunday to replace my zen but until now the maximum play time that i can get of the fuze is about 12 hours of music play with all settings in the minimum.
Today i have turn it on with a full charge and have already 4 hours of play at work and batery already reads 63%, is this normal for the batery life of the fuse?
With my zen i can get almost 20 hours of play time in the same conditions has i'm using the fuse so this can't be normal with the fuze rated batery life being 24 hours.
I think i can exchange it with another one if this is realy a problem with the batery of the fuze i have but i would like to know for shure.
What are batery life time of yours fuze with all settings in the minimum and the volume at 50%?

Cumps

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-11-2009, 06:02 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Do you have the backlight brightness and time at a minimum? Is the equilizer set at neutral? What encoding are you using? MP3 uses the least power, and lower bitrates use less power than higher ones. Variable bitrate also probably uses more power to decode than constant bitrate. Do you hunt for individual songs or otherwise press many buttons and use the display frequently? That uses plenty of power. The 24 hour rating is for 128 kbps mp3 files, no equilizer, moderate volume, and letting the player play through without pressing any buttons. With typical usage without the equilizer, minimum backlight intensity and duration, and not much hunting for individual songs, around 20 hour battery life may be possible with 256 kbps mp3 files. If you really want longer battery life, try to let albums play through rather than looking for individual songs.

Old 09-11-2009, 06:10 PM

Your music is in which format?

Old 09-12-2009, 04:28 AM

I am using the same mp3 that i use on my zen most of them are at 192k the bitrate i don't know.
I select a album and let it play all then when it finish i select another one, and yes all the functions are at minimum brightness, time, equalizer at normal and the volume is at 50%.
Basicaly i am using the fuze as i use the zen same settings on both but the zen gives me almost 20 hours of play time.
I use the players at work with a creative traveldock 900, i have then playing for 4 hours in the morning and 4 hours in the afternoon and just touch then to change to another album, i don't play individual songs.
Last night i have put the to charge on my pc with the pc turn off so no sync can be made with the fuze and after the starts to charge i put it in standby mode it charges with the lcd off, i hope this is what i was doing wrong so the batery is so short, if not i think i'm going to try to change it for another one because something may be wrong with the batery of the fuze i have.

Cumps

Old 09-12-2009, 07:48 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildmetal View Post
Last night i have put the to charge on my pc with the pc turn off so no sync can be made with the fuze and after the starts to charge i put it in standby mode it charges with the lcd off, i hope this is what i was doing wrong so the batery is so short, if not i think i'm going to try to change it for another one because something may be wrong with the batery of the fuze i have.
This may be contributing to the problem; some PCs actually drain the batteries of devices connected to their USB ports when the PCs are off. I would recommend purchasing an AC-to-USB adapter so you can charge your player using wall power. In the meantime, there's no harm in exchanging your Fuze for another one to see if the situation improves.