android
Old 09-19-2009, 03:27 PM

Default Replace Spinn battery

Anyone know how to replace a spinn battery? I'm only getting about 3 hrs now on a charge.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-19-2009, 07:42 PM

Mmm I would try to address this issue with the CS/warranty then or if not applicable unscrew these screws with special screw driver and check that battery out (size,capacity etc) and see if they carry it on ebay if you do not have warranty on it.

Old 09-20-2009, 01:40 AM

From modifying/taking apart SPINN, I can say the battery it uses is Ion Lithium Rechargable (forgot the exact specs) but the battery is soldered to the motherboard, unless you know how to desolder/solder, I wouldn't mess with it.

Old 09-20-2009, 03:13 PM

Hey, thanks for the reply. My job is working with electronics, so desoldering/soldereing is not a big deal. I have taken apart ipods and put new hard drives in them, so I'm used to playing around with these things. But, sometimes, it's better to talk to someone who has been there before so you don't break something the first time you're working on it and end up saying, 'so that's how it comes apart --but then it's too late!! Have you taken the Spinn apart yourself? Any little 'tricks' to getting it apart? Any surprises once you're in there? And how tough is it to put back together?

Appreciate any thing you can give me.

Old 09-20-2009, 06:36 PM

Hey Spinner, I managed to get some pics , ignore the white wire sticking out from the player, I tried my best to make a simple tutorial on how to open, where the battery is and some key points. You will need a 1.4mm minus screwdriver (the tiny one). Also, the currents sometimes disable the starting up of the player, just plug it in your computer via USB and it should be back alive. Anyways, hope this helps, its a MP3 player. Peace.

Old 09-20-2009, 09:19 PM

Snanime,

Wow! This is what I like about these forums. People take the time to help other people. That was a lot of time at your end to do this. I appreciate it very much and will be going to work on this shortly.

Thanks much!!

Old 09-21-2009, 12:05 AM

No problem , best of luck!