android
Old 09-14-2009, 06:28 AM

Default Cover Art or Album Art?

Hi,

Just signed up to this forum. Recently bought NWZ S639F. Very impressed with it but have problems with cover art not displaying.

Is album art (WMP) the same thing as cover art? Album art provides several jpg files but can the walkman use these to display cover art? Do they need modifying or is cover art completely different?

All my music folders contain WMP album art.

Cover art is set to display on settings menu.

I have not synced walkman with WMP and don't intend to - just use drag and drop.

Have updated firmware successfully.

I don't use itunes and all my files are mp3 or wma

Hope somebody can put me right on this.

Also, can walkman create it's own playlists?

Thanks

Dave

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-14-2009, 06:40 AM
Banned

Hi. The only way I know is to embed each file with album art using a program like Mp3Tag. I don't bother with WMP - previous experience was that it never failed to screw up my album art. If each file is tagged correctly, then your album art will show.

If you've just got the S639 you'll know about SensMe - 11 automatically generated playlists based on time/mood. You can over-ride its selections with the bundled Sony software. I quite like it - you can of course create your own playlists in folders.

Old 09-15-2009, 12:14 AM

Thanks - MP3Tag works well.

Dave

Old 09-26-2009, 12:24 PM

Too bad Sony refuses to create media software for their devices!

Each file needs to be embedded with its related album art through a media software.

Same with creation of playlists! Sony player does NOT support Compilation playlists, per se, but there's a workaround of creating a folder then drop selected files into it. Then create a playlist for the Compilation folder.
It's time consuming but worth it!

Problem is... tag the album art first then create compilation folder before creating playlist.

Another problem.. if you update your music often, as I do, it's a real PAIN IN THE *SS updating the Compilation folder then updating the playlist!

Old 09-26-2009, 12:34 PM
Banned

I understand what you mean - all that can be a hassle. Generally I'm happy playing an album, or I'll go to one Artist and shuffle all, or I'll just choose SensMe energetic or something.