android
Old 02-04-2009, 03:39 PM

No Daydeal. Are there any cables that work instead of using the dongle for sync?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-04-2009, 03:40 PM
Ultra Senior Member

See this thread.

Zen FAQ

Old 02-05-2009, 10:28 AM

The problem w/ that thread is it's outdated which the OP stated they'd keep it updated, secondly all the accessories from Creative are out of stock and from the message they probably are discontinued. The multifunction cable would be great to have, again its nowhere to be found.

Old 02-05-2009, 10:31 AM
Ultra Senior Member

The good thing about that thread is it gets you products you can search for and maybe stumble upon to purchase somewhere, maybe even on eBay. What do you expect? The ZVM has been discontinued for over a year now.

Zen FAQ

Old 02-05-2009, 12:20 PM

True good point, just frustrated everywhere I go IPOD this and that and nothing for the ZEN, to boot they discontinued it.

Old 02-05-2009, 01:36 PM
Ultra Senior Member

That's understandable. Have you tried:

here
here
here
here
here

More here.

Zen FAQ

Old 02-17-2009, 12:17 PM

Okay after a long battle of how to connect my Zen, w/o the dongle, to my HU in my truck via the AUX input w/ using the headphone jack. Ive got a solution that works great. I used the A/V cable w/ the sync connection, make sure to turn the display on (Main Menu -> System -> Photo/Video Settings -> Video Out = Off.) This prevents the display from turning off when you plug into the A/V jack on the sync adapter/dongle.

Next I used Monster Cable links Coupler RCA Female to RCA Female, Dual Inline adapters to connect the RCAs from the A/V cable.

Then I used a 3.5mm to RCA Audio Cable Adapter and the RCA to 3mm cable to then connect to the rear of my HU in my truck.

This setup works really well and is all hidden except for the sync connection. The audio is much improved over using the headphone jack in terms of clarity and volume. Not sure if others have utilized the same setup or not but I though Id share what I came up with. In the end I am more content with this to be honest than the ability to scroll through the Zen via the HU. I would have been the icing on the cake to use the USB connection but in reality this is just about as good in terms of quality.

Old 02-17-2009, 12:21 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Good to hear Raver. I'm happy for you.

Zen FAQ

Old 02-21-2009, 06:38 PM

Would someone please tell me which cable to use to plug the Zen Vision:M into my car audio jack and a similar jack on the front of my stereo to play audio through those systems? Where is the best place to get this cable? Thank you!

Old 02-21-2009, 06:51 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Moved to correct thread.

Well.... it really is going to depend on the type of connection you have on your stereo. Without you telling us, we can't really tell you. Most likey it is a 3.5mm (1.8") male to a 3.5mm (1.8") cable like this:

Zen FAQ

Old 05-09-2009, 12:15 PM

hey, I have a bit of a different question but thought this would be the appropriate thread to ask.

I have already hooked up my vision M to my car stereo without problems (just used the cable that was posted above this post, cost like 4$... and i just plugged it in and it worked. I have a car stereo with an input for an MP3players of course)

any way, when I hook up my zen the display says something like "swiitching to exterior output display". I don't remember what it says exactly but it just changes the display so that it goes really dark (but not like it's off) so that i can't actually look for a song. I can go to the next (and previous) song of course using my MP3, but I want to be able to look up a specific song or change playlists in the car...
is there any way I can just keep the regular display while playing music on my car stereo?

Old 05-09-2009, 12:34 PM
Ultra Senior Member

post # 207 in this thread may be the reason.

Old 05-09-2009, 12:57 PM

great! thanks! it's fixed now

Old 10-01-2009, 10:57 PM

Default car stereo keeps "reading"

is anyone using the zvm thru usb in your car? how long does it take to recognize the player? i know it'll depend on the stereo brand but i have a new kenwood that just shows "reading". i've let it go for over 10 min then got tired and switched to sirius. the zvm is charging so its connected. i only have about 6-7 gigs on the player so its not even full. the aux through the zvm line out works fine. i connected my cell phone and it charges but the stereo shows no device so i know the zen must be recognized if its being read, unlike my phone.

Old 10-02-2009, 01:14 AM
Ultra Senior Member

As you may know not all new stereos can read an MTP device (that's what a ZenVM is) I have a fairly new (3yrs) stereo with USB input but ,it does not read MTP devices. My daughter has a stereos made by the same company as mine that has USB input but hers does read an MTP device. Does your owners manual say it is supposed to be able to read a MTP device?? It may not.