android
Old 08-31-2009, 11:19 AM

Default Dropping the zen xfi

I just bought my zen xfi yesterday. While trying to get the player out from its casing by twisting the plastic holder, the player literally flew out from my hand and landed on the floor with a loud thud. I was sitting on the floor and it flew about 30cm away. A very bad packaging i must say.

Luckily it didnt result in any scratches and the player is still working fine. Except for freezing twice when switching between pictures rapidly, which hopefully is a normal occurance. But somehow i cant shrug off the idea the some parts within the player is already screwed. Do you think there is a need for me to get it back to the dealer for a replacement?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-02-2009, 02:42 PM

the x-fi is quite tough; I've dropped it on solid concrete multiple times with barely any damage. If it works, then everything inside is most likely intact. There should be nothing to worry about. The only thing that 'may' be affected from dropping, is if the lcd isn't showing images properly, if the audio jack doesn't give sound, speaker is not working, etc. If those are fine then ur player is fine.

Old 09-02-2009, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaggerbee View Post
Luckily it didnt result in any scratches and the player is still working fine. Except for freezing twice when switching between pictures rapidly, which hopefully is a normal occurance.
It's a sad indictment of a new player that it should be assumed that it's normal to freeze. Unfortunately, it seems to be true.

Old 10-03-2009, 03:10 PM

My girlfriend dropped the player a lot of times, on hard ground.. different distances. The player is working fine, but the plastic layer in front of the screen has a small crack. I taped it off and i have had no trouble since.

Old 10-04-2009, 04:34 AM

i've dropped mine loads of times, usually onto concrete or tarmac (I keep missing the pocket i keep it in, and that's chest height), and aside from the scratches on the corners the worst that happened once was the SD card popped out. Pretty resilient IMO