android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Samsung > Samsung K3 / K5

Old 09-18-2008, 10:03 AM

i succedeed to switch k3 in recovery mode..
i followed all the steps to put firmware 4.03 but when I try to install it, k3 says that it have wrong size....

thank you for help

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-18-2008, 08:02 PM

I'm pretty sure the guide covers that;

are you trying to use 4.03 as your 'final' version? if so try 4.06+ instead.

Old 10-01-2008, 04:27 AM

I have a really big Problem.

I followed the steps 1-3 in the simple Guide. The PC should detect the player as "USB-Stick". Yeah, and I hear the "plugged in sound" from windows, but I can't see the Player in "My Computer" or in the Explorer.

And,

When the firmware is trying to start, it freezes when the samsung logo comes.

Please Help Me! S.O.S :-)

EDIT:

MY Firmware: 3.09 WA JN to 4.06
MY OS : Windows XP Pro with SP 2

Old 10-03-2008, 07:45 AM

it still works normally right?

I'd suggest reading the whole guide, and the replies to this thread, a few people have had similar problems if i recall.

Old 10-03-2008, 08:04 AM

Hello Sab0o,

thank you for your answer!

Yes after I do a reset it works normally after the freeze.
I did everything like in your Guide(s).

Some Peoples have had smiliar problems? Gave it solutions?

Maybe I don't understood everything exactly in your Post, I'm from germany.

Don't understand me false! It gives a german translation for your guide, and I understand the english, too.

Old 10-05-2008, 07:18 AM

YEEEEEEESSSS!!! IT WORKS!!!

I did everthing like in the Guide with firmware 4.10 from Samsungs Web Page and now it works!! *happy* :-)

Old 10-07-2008, 05:18 PM

xD

Old 11-03-2008, 05:28 PM

Sab0o my friend,i'm doing everything step by step but when i come here "Once you have done this, set your K3 back in to recovery mode (by holding the on switch down and pressing reset) and boot your 'old' rom again using the "tcctool -d ypk3 YPK3.rom" command.
Pull the USB cable out as soon as Samsung logo appears. This will cause it to boot the new firmware, but not in to USB mode, thereby causing it to detect the firmware on it's drive and install it.
You should get the upgrading firmware message and then it should turn off." i'm going on recovery but it stucks in the dark charging screen and it does nothing!My fw is 3.09 and after all that i've done,if i just reset it,it starts with samsung logo but then it freezes on a blue screen..please dude help me.. i use 4.03 for the .rom and i want to put 4.06.Btw,in step 5 again,you say to type "tcctool -d ypk3 YPK3.rom,well,i do it and nothing happening..it stucks in recovery mode..

Old 11-04-2008, 02:38 AM

Lightbulb

After hours of trying,i made it work!!!Now i have 4.06(Red)!My solution is that after the format step,i replace in my C:/ the firmware (4.03) with the firmware i wanted to install (4.06) and then i put firmware (4.06) in the root directory of my fresh formatted device.then in this step
Once you have done this, set your K3 back in to recovery mode (by holding the on switch down and pressing reset) and boot your 'old' rom again using the "tcctool -d ypk3 YPK3.rom" command.
Pull the USB cable out as soon as Samsung logo appears.
instead of using tcctool -d ypk3 YPK3.rom i used
tcctool -d ypk3 C:\YPK3.rom as i have puted 4.06 in my C:/ (i told you before).So when the Samsung Logo appears,i unplug the USB and its working the upgrade!!Thanks a lot!!

P.S. If i want to change the colour of 4.06 (i have RED and i want LIME) i need to do this again??
P.S.* Do you have the firmware 4.06 Lime??

Old 02-15-2009, 08:10 PM

Thanks a lot!!!

Old 03-12-2009, 11:40 AM

Default Help

Hey there guys.

I've been reading trough these posts and topics for quite a while now.
Also I've been playing with my YP-K3 for some hours now...

I've chosen to update my old firmware 3.09 (AW JN? or something like this)
to 4.03 > 4.06................ BUT.... I'm stuck. (using vista)

I've completed every steps mentioned on the first page and I could complete it till ->"Once you have done this, set your K3 back in to recovery mode (by holding the on switch down and pressing reset) and boot your 'old' rom again using the "tcctool -d ypk3 YPK3.rom" command.
Pull the USB cable out as soon as Samsung logo appears. This will cause it to boot the new firmware, but not in to USB mode, thereby causing it to detect the firmware on it's drive and install it."

PROBLEM is: I upload my 4.03 files to the K3 while in recovery mode, (booted from .rom) than I initiate recovery mode again, write the "tcctool -d ypk3 YPK3.rom" in run --> but unlike with the "tcctool -d ypk3 C:\YPK3.rom" command, with this one the K3 is not rebooting and I'm not getting a "Samsung" screen. After i try to initiate recovery or other methods I get turquise screen.

Any ideas would be a life and money saver!!!

Holy ****!!!

Now I've done it! lol....

--------> Okay everyone here's the Solution! <--------

Follow steps from first post till ->
You've uploaded your 4.03 firmware to the K3 (that's currently in recovery mode and under C:/ .rom boot), you reboot it (still with cable attached and still in recovery mode). Than you launch the "tcctool -d ypk3 C:\YPK3.rom" command, and now you'll see the K3 rebooting (DO NOT DISCONNECT CABLE) and you'll see "FIRMWARE UPDATING". As it's finished it'll say "Disconnect cable" ---> Disconnect it. Connect it again. Now it will say ---> "UPGRADING IMAGE". As it's complete You're K3 will shut down. Now you can start it in normal. Don't be afraid cause it will launch in korean but you'll have the language option

[ At the "Than you launch the "tcctool -d ypk3 C:\YPK3.rom" command" I first launched the "tcctool -d ypk3 YPK3.rom" but I guess this was the problem]

Have fun!

Last edited by Tempestas; 03-12-2009 at 11:58 AM.

Old 05-15-2009, 11:16 PM

Default Can't copy files to K3

I can follow the instructions for upgrading from v3.09 to 4.03/4.06 up to the point where I have to copy the files to the K3. Unfortunately, I either get an I/O error or "cannot copy .. the parameter is incorrect". So I am stuck because, as I read it, I need to have the rom and img file on the K3 to get to the next step. Any clues at this time would be appreciated. Thanks

15 mins later.........
It's always the way, ask for help then you solve it yourself. I moved the USB plug from an addin source at the front of the computer to a hardwired one at the back and, hey presto, I can copy the files to the K3 and the rest, as they say, is history. It all works as the kind posters who dreamed up these things said it would.

Last edited by mellow; 05-16-2009 at 12:12 AM.

Old 06-02-2009, 03:58 AM

Tank you so much....I unbrick my K5 ....Tank you, Tank you, Tank you, Tank you....

Old 07-17-2009, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manifesto View Post
P.S. If i want to change the colour of 4.06 (i have RED and i want LIME) i need to do this again??
P.S.* Do you have the firmware 4.06 Lime??
No. You would simply copy the image for Lime to the root and when you turn on the unit the next time it will update.

You can find the 4.06 lime image here http://media.generationmp3.com/gmp3/Firmwares/Samsung/

Old 10-13-2009, 10:14 AM

I just wanted to hop on and CONFIRM that this fix/solution works EXACTLY AS DESCRIBED in Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit (x86), without hitch, except the constant stream of confirmation dialogs on installing the tcctool driver :P

P.S. sorry for the bump.

Last edited by capncoolio; 10-13-2009 at 10:15 AM. Reason: sorryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Tags
firmware, samsung