android
Old 08-28-2009, 08:10 PM

well i had this problem at the very beginning with 2,14
when i first got it i was not at my PC but had one i was sorting out for someone, they had some music files on and i loaded them up
this caused massive problems
the files were not sorted properly at all
and when playing them the player would restart like you say, or a high pitched noise would happen and then it would restart again

i found out later, after i removed the files, they they had downloaded them from some dodgy fileshare site and not encoded them themselves, so i went to my PC and loaded some songs on from my self encoded collection and boom, all was fine

now i have heard that files from shares can cause problems so i am not sure where your files are from or what rhapsody is

try deleting all the music and add say 5 songs by drag and drop mode, put the player in UMS mode, not MTP and use windows explorer to drag the files over and seee what happens

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-28-2009, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maderin1 View Post
well i had this problem at the very beginning with 2,14
when i first got it i was not at my PC but had one i was sorting out for someone, they had some music files on and i loaded them up
this caused massive problems
the files were not sorted properly at all
and when playing them the player would restart like you say, or a high pitched noise would happen and then it would restart again

i found out later, after i removed the files, they they had downloaded them from some dodgy fileshare site and not encoded them themselves, so i went to my PC and loaded some songs on from my self encoded collection and boom, all was fine

now i have heard that files from shares can cause problems so i am not sure where your files are from or what rhapsody is

try deleting all the music and add say 5 songs by drag and drop mode, put the player in UMS mode, not MTP and use windows explorer to drag the files over and seee what happens
Rhapsody is a music subscription service like what the new Napster is, except Rhapsody has been around longer and is better IMO.

Rhapsody will not transfer music to a device that is not in MTP, I've already tried this myself.

I've already formatted twice, and although I haven't had a restart while playing music this time around, I did get a restart while simply uploading music to my P3 from Rhapsody.

I can't do anything until Sunday, so I'm just going to keep tinkering around with it to see what might be causing the random restarting, but I think I'm going to end up returning it.

In the case that I do return it, could anyone suggest another decent DAP/PMP that would fit a $200 budget?

Old 08-29-2009, 03:05 AM

dude its a virus...scan ur p3!

Old 08-29-2009, 06:49 PM

.EXE files won't run on the P3 -_-

Old 10-19-2009, 12:11 AM

My P3 also was restarting when it was connected with Rhapsody. I tried setting the "Auto Off" feature to "Always On" and it still would restart in the middle of a music transfer. Then, last night, I changed the "Auto Off" feature to "5 Minutes" instead of "Always On" and it worked fine last night, transferring music without restarting.
If you haven't already sent in the unit for repair, you may want to try the "5 Minute" setting. I'm pretty sure this has something to do with Rhapsody, because I don't have any restarting trouble when I use MediaMonkey.