android
Old 10-15-2009, 01:16 AM

Default Samsung P3 with SE530s, how do they pair up?

I use SE530s and Im thinking of going for the P3, the alternative is the X1000.

Anyone know how they pair up? The only snippet of info I found was on the CNET review. Just a fly by comment that they used the SE530s for the review. Would love some more info. Ta

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-15-2009, 12:24 PM

Cool

I have never used SE530's. However, if you really like the SE530's you will absolutely love them with the Samsung P3. Besides having really good audio quality to start with, you can tweak the sound in so many ways with DNSe 3.0 and the equalizers (Master and DNSe equalizer).

I can confidently say that you can and will get the sound you desire from the P3, especially if you like the headphones you are using.

Old 10-15-2009, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0ATB0Y View Post

Anyone know how they pair up? The only snippet of info I found was on the CNET review. Just a fly by comment that they used the SE530s for the review. Would love some more info. Ta
I use the SE530's with the P3. You won't need any kind of amplifier. In fact, you can run the volume very low on the P3 with these headphones.

The biggest problem I've had is that I can't listen to anything else anymore. The pair is just stunning to listen to. My Sansa clip is probably close in terms of quality, but still a noticeable second.

Our 6th gen Apple ipod classic sounds like crap. iPhone sounds like crap. It goes on and on....

Old 10-17-2009, 03:04 PM

Most headphones just sound amazing on the P3, regardless. It's a great DAP.

Old 10-20-2009, 05:00 AM

Most IEMs do, this player is great for low impedance phones.
My hd580 sounds really bad with the P3, then again the day such a slim pmp can drive such cans we'll prolly have cars that fly.

Old 10-20-2009, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr C View Post
Most IEMs do, this player is great for low impedance phones.
My hd580 sounds really bad with the P3, then again the day such a slim pmp can drive such cans we'll prolly have cars that fly.
So true.... If you prefer and use large cans, an external amp is a must for any portable player.

Old 10-20-2009, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0ATB0Y View Post

Ummm i'm not gonna lie, i my self have p3 and Denon c-710, $150. It's a hybrid driver system for better audio quality. And i can tell you, you won't be as happy as you expected. Then, i tried with crappy earphones. And i was really susprized that those crappy earphones will sound alot better than listening with ipod or any other normal mp3 players. I think as you have better earphones, you will not get the full benefit of DNSe 3.0 al though it is still good. IDK.. guys do you think it's because i'm using a new technology(hybrid driver) that p3 was not meant to designed for?

Old 10-20-2009, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertreynolds View Post
I use the SE530's with the P3. You won't need any kind of amplifier. In fact, you can run the volume very low on the P3 with these headphones.

The biggest problem I've had is that I can't listen to anything else anymore. The pair is just stunning to listen to. My Sansa clip is probably close in terms of quality, but still a noticeable second.

Our 6th gen Apple ipod classic sounds like crap. iPhone sounds like crap. It goes on and on....
yes, that is what i've noticed. I do have a good earphone , Denon c-710, and at night, especially on bed, i set the volume at 2 or 3. that is how loud it is on my earphone, but the stock earphone that came with p3, i tend to set volume on 8 or 9.

Old 10-20-2009, 11:34 PM

Thanks for the info guys. I actually got fed up waiting for the P3 32Gb to be availavble for a reasonable price and went for the Sony X1060. Id think Id prefer a P3 but Im not paying well over 200 pounds for one.

The Sony clearly has its faults but hopefully the SQ will make up for them.

With the deal on Amazon of a free dock worth 75 pounds, once I ebay it, it will actually work out far cheaper than I can get the P3 for.

Old 10-23-2009, 01:32 AM
Samsung Moderator

For what its worth, DNSe is really aimed at low end headphones. Anything with any real fidelity will make obvious the fact that DNSe really colors the sound. What am I saying? Don't use it if it doesn't sound good.