android
Old 10-24-2009, 08:44 AM

Default How to copy from T10 to PC?

Hi all,

My daughter has a T10 player; she has ripped heaps from CDs, but now she finds that having 17 songs all called "track 10" (she *is* ony 9) is a bit of a drag, and has asked me to "fix it". Rather than listening to every song, then re-ripping them from CD with tags, art and filename correct, I thought I'd just copy the entire contents and do it on my pc - I still have to listen to the songs, but I won't have to find the cd and rip it again. My problem is that I cannot copy FROM the T10 to my PC.

In SMS, the arrow that points to the PC from the player is greyed out, and I cannot access the device from either WMP or Explorer - the T10 appears in WMP (can't copy), but not at all in explorer.

According to SMS, the player is a YP-10[MTP], Firmware 1.15, Device Country Code EU. My pc has Win XP SP2, and WMP9.

I have waded through loads of posts on this forum, and nobody seems to be having the same problem. Everybody seems to say that WMP11 is needed - is that all I need to do to be able to copy from player to pc? I haven't bothered to do this before now because I use free (and superior) alternatives.

Any oldhands out there who can help this newb out?

TIA

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-24-2009, 08:51 AM

Upgrade WMP to version 11, then you should have no issues copying files back from an MTP player to your computer - simply with Windows Explorer.

You don't need to use that piece of junk WMP, you just have to have it installed on your computer so the MTP protocol gets a bit less obnoxious.

Old 10-24-2009, 08:57 AM
Samsung Moderator

Once upgraded to WMP11, you can upgrade your T10 to 3.06 MTP or UMS

Old 10-24-2009, 07:45 PM

Thanks guys. I'll dl WMP11 and post back. If it works, I reckon it will be down to a couple of dll's or driver, and not because I installed the entire bloated package. If I figure out which ones, I'll let the forum know.

Lebellium, what are the benefits of upgrading to 3.06? And why do I need WMP11 to do the upgrade? Can I not just use the "update firmware" option from within SMS?

Thanks again.

Old 10-25-2009, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealName99 View Post
Thanks guys. I'll dl WMP11 and post back. If it works, I reckon it will be down to a couple of dll's or driver, and not because I installed the entire bloated package. If I figure out which ones, I'll let the forum know.

Lebellium, what are the benefits of upgrading to 3.06? And why do I need WMP11 to do the upgrade? Can I not just use the "update firmware" option from within SMS?

Thanks again.
SMS is old and no loger supported use EmoDio, use that to update the Firmware.

You Must update the firmware as it adds lots of new features and fixes a load of Bugs, plus I don't think you have the games instaled, I think they came later.

Use this software to rip CD's as it can add the Tags when you rip, you dont have to do a thing, Plus Lyrics and Album art.

Easy CD-DA Extractor

http://www.poikosoft.com/

Or this one has a free version

http://www.mediamonkey.com/

If you update the firmware to the Korean MSC 3.07 you get added features like Lyrics and the T10 works the same as a USB stick, lets you read & write files direct from your PC., the MSC software does not have the RDS radio feature.

Old 10-25-2009, 07:15 AM
Samsung Moderator

See the sticked "All firmwares" thread to know firmwares improvements

Old 10-26-2009, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebellium View Post
See the sticked "All firmwares" thread to know firmwares improvements
Here is the list, there are also differences with the MSC Korean Firmware, like the Lyrics feature for one.

List

Quote:
1.29 improvements
By pressing the ''Enter'' key for a while, we can view text in a full-screen mode

Quote:
1.55 improvements
Bluetooth File Transfer (object Push Profile): synchronize files from T10 to bluetooth devices (T10 + cell phones etc.)
Personalization of GUI
Booting T10, a user's name will be displayed
Booting T10 on user's birthday, a congrats pop-up will be show (How to : Settings -> Systems -> My profile)
RDS Support (only EU)

Quote:
3.03 improvements
3 Games (Bubble smile, Bomb, Bomb, Chicken Runaway)
AAC Support
Video Bookmark
Horizontal Textviewer
Delete file on T10
T10 additional GUIs

Quote:
3.06 improvements
The improvement of shuffle algorithm in playing music
10 new UCI:
La Fleur 2
Wonderland
Beautiful Tonight
Nihao! Moki
Green Hill
Pumpkin Ghost
Colorful Dream
Jellmon
Malangmalang
D.S. Chaplin
=> 10 GUI Pack
( MTP GUI Themes )

Quote: As posted by our Moderator.
3.07 improvements
Music playback, Shuffle mode, the algorithm to improve

I can't find any links to the 3.07 MTP version at all but have seen references that the US models have it.

Old 10-26-2009, 10:23 AM

Zipdisk: I had thought of installing Emodio, but after reading a bunch of posts in this forum, decided not to: Emodio seems problematic, and SMS seems to work OK.

Your suggestions for media managers are noted. I use Audiograbber myself - it's dead simple . It doesn't do lyrics (don't need 'em) or artwork (prefer to find my own art - not necessarily the original album cover). If things change, I'll definitely give mediamonkey a go...

So that only leaves the firmware. From your synopsis of the updates (thanks for the details!), it's well worth doing, but you have caused me to ask a couple more newber-q's (sorry!):

First, is the most recent firmware a "roll-up" of all those that went before? Or do I need to install them sequentially?

Second, my model T10 isn't listed on the Samsung default support page, but it is on the global site (probably because it was a gift bought on an overseas holiday). It's a YP-T10JQU, and the following files are available:

YP-T10JQU Upgrade File (ver.3.03)
YP-T10JQU Games (ver.3.06)
YP-T10JQU Upgrade File (ver.3.06)
YP-T10JQU GUI (ver.0.0)

As you can see, no 3.07! So, do I choose a different model to get the firmware you talk of? And if so, which? You mention the Korean firmware, and RDS only being available for EU models. According to the SYSTEM.VER file in the system folder of the T10, I have...

VER 1.15 EU MTP
MODEL YP-T10
DRM JA

...so I suppose I have a euro device. So what's RDS then?

And (last question I promise!), can I still use SMS to update the firmware despite it being out of date, or is Emodia necessary?

Thanks again.

Old 10-26-2009, 10:49 AM

OK, I downloaded WMP11, and extracted it using 7zip.

The first thing that attracted my attention was an executable called UMDF.EXE, which turned out to contain the "Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework Service" files. Bingo! Or at least, so I thought; I installed it but no connection .

So then I ran WMP11.EXE. Still no connection , but then WMP11 didn't install properly: because I didn't install the whole package by running "wmp11-windowsxp-x86-enu.exe", the Windows Genuine validation didn't run, so WMP11 wouldn't run either, even though the installation seemed successful. Whatever - don't want WMP anyway.

Then I ran"wmfdist11.exe", and presto - success! Now explorer can see my T10, and I can copy to and from. Interestingly, I can't do so from SMS, but never mind - mission accomplished

Anyway, from what I can see using Process Explorer, just a few files from both WMFDist and UMDF are used, and nothing from WMP11. I'll keep digging, and see whether there is some minimal set of drivers, sys files, services, etc that can be derived from the overall package. It might be too difficult for a novice like me to generate an installer for this, but if I can figure out which files are needed, then maybe some smarter forum member can do that part. At the least, if it turns out that all you have to install is UMDF and WMFDist, then the amount of cr@p MS installs will be more than halved.

Old 10-27-2009, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealName99 View Post
Zipdisk: I had thought of installing Emodio, but after reading a bunch of posts in this forum, decided not to: Emodio seems problematic, and SMS seems to work OK.

Your suggestions for media managers are noted. I use Audiograbber myself - it's dead simple . It doesn't do lyrics (don't need 'em) or artwork (prefer to find my own art - not necessarily the original album cover). If things change, I'll definitely give mediamonkey a go...

So that only leaves the firmware. From your synopsis of the updates (thanks for the details!), it's well worth doing, but you have caused me to ask a couple more newber-q's (sorry!):

First, is the most recent firmware a "roll-up" of all those that went before? Or do I need to install them sequentially?

Second, my model T10 isn't listed on the Samsung default support page, but it is on the global site (probably because it was a gift bought on an overseas holiday). It's a YP-T10JQU, and the following files are available:

YP-T10JQU Upgrade File (ver.3.03)
YP-T10JQU Games (ver.3.06)
YP-T10JQU Upgrade File (ver.3.06)
YP-T10JQU GUI (ver.0.0)

As you can see, no 3.07! So, do I choose a different model to get the firmware you talk of? And if so, which? You mention the Korean firmware, and RDS only being available for EU models. According to the SYSTEM.VER file in the system folder of the T10, I have...

VER 1.15 EU MTP
MODEL YP-T10
DRM JA

...so I suppose I have a euro device. So what's RDS then?

And (last question I promise!), can I still use SMS to update the firmware despite it being out of date, or is Emodia necessary?

Thanks again.

I should still use EmoDio as from memory it has more features and I don't have bugs with it, mind you it does get updated a few times, at first I did have SMS but it updated its self to EmoDia.

Model No. YP-T10JQU

the Q and U does not matter the first one is the Memory Size and the next is the Colour, they is one more letter that is use "Y" I think for the US BB model, So all models are the same except for Colour and Memory size and that does not matter.

We have very limited RDS here in NZ so I preferred to use the MSC firmware 3.07 and the Lyrics

Note: all previous updates are included in the latest one, not need to flash the others.

EmoDio with Only flash to the same Model type so if you wish to go to MSC you have to do it via the PC, there are 2 methods, I prefere to use one as its very simple to use, I have posted the procedure here many times if you would like it again Please let me know.

I am a 71 year old EX computer/electronic Tech and EX UK, but I still like to dabble.

Tags
copy to pc, explorer, sms