android
Old 11-04-2009, 07:29 PM

Default NWZ S639F and bluetooth

I know that no one showed any interest when i mentioned getting this to work in a previous post, but i thought i would put up the info anyway.

go here http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-WLANWB1...7383948&sr=8-1

and purchase the bluetooth dongle for 8.99

then go here http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nokia-Blueto...384151&sr=1-28

and get the headphones for 19, Nokia headphones as it happens:

This setup definitely works. you can get better headphones but i was not sure it would work so limited my risk. Now i waltz around the office with my mp3 on my desk, i walk the dog without getting tangled up each time i take my coat off, i jog without my arms ripping the buds from ears and i make love whilst listening to mozart, and yet never get a stray cable caught in my cheeks. Can you imagine how happy my life is?

I assume this will aslo work with other sony mp3s but can't be sure so accept no responsibility.

Hope someone finds this useful?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-06-2009, 10:03 AM

Thanks for the links. I like posts like this where people get additional functionality out of a device. I haven't looked into it, but I wonder if you could get a bluetooth receiver with an audio line-out on it? Might be a cheap(er) way to get line-out on our Walkman's without having to use a dock. I see that the WLANWB1 supports the AVRCP Bluetooth profile. Do your headphones have any controls on them (volume +/-, track +/-, etc), and if so, do the controls work with this setup? Any chance of a photo of your S639 with the bluetooth attached?

Matt

Old 11-06-2009, 11:16 AM

you can also get an audio lead atatchment which makes the device bluetooth enabled but i haven't tried this and am not sure about its compliance, also not sure where it gets its power fomr which is the advantage with the sony dongle. although it supports the A2DP profile you can't move tracks forwards or backwards but you can alter the volume. i will try and get a photo up if i get time. i believe that the headphones will support other functions if you use them with a complaint mobile phone but not with the walkman.

Old 11-06-2009, 12:22 PM

Cool, thanks. I looked into some Bluetooth accessories a little and found out that my idea of a true line-out via Bluetooth probably isn't possible because the audio that is sent over Bluetooth is compressed (per the A2DP profile spec). Some Bluetooth receivers can uncompress the audio and output it via RCA/3.5mm outputs, but I won't call that a true line-out since it came from a compressed audio stream. I found this link to the battery powered Sony MBR-100 Bluetooth Receiver review here on ABI that I hadn't seen before. That looks like a pretty neat little device and had a pretty good review. I also found a Sony HWSBTA2W on Amazon (US link, UK link) that does the same thing except it's AC powerered and will also transmit A2DP audio via an aux-input.

Matt