android
Old 09-26-2008, 11:50 AM

the firmwares are for all t10-players. the only difference there is mtp/msc, the way (protocoll) the player is handled in your operating system.

you can even flash a lafleur- or a bestbuy-firmware on a normal t10 and vice versa.

i did it already and got no problems at all.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-26-2008, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empyrian View Post
Eh... I have a similar problem as well. Selecting a random AAC file would auto shut off the player.
I think this is a very different problem. That is probably just a normal incompatibility - maybe because of bitrate or other minor errors in the AAC file. Probably reencoding the file with different settings would avoid the problem.
Can Emodio play the file with DNSe?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empyrian View Post
Another question would be: There are different code names for YP-T10. Like AB (mine), JAB, AW, etc. So, if I installed a firmware not for my T10, would it cause the player problems?
No - you wouldn't be able to install a non-suitable firmware. And the only case of incompatibility I know of are those with the best-buy devices[1], for the other cases (MTP vs UMS) there is only the software-"lock" you can bypass with the modified firmware (that claims to be a MTP firmware) or using the other tools. There very likely even is a way to switch a MTP device to UMS and vice-versa with some debugging tools (the Firmware file's contents strongly suggest that)

See
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...12&postcount=2

I wouldn't call that code-names, but merely product identfiers. (only tells the capacity and color)

[1] and even there I guess that it is just vendor-lock-in via software, and not really a difference in hardware, maybe there is a definite answer in the forum already, didn't follow it that closely

Old 09-26-2008, 12:16 PM

This is just a suspicion on my part. As all of these AAC files were transferred en-bloc from my Nokia phone and I had converted them using the Nokia software suit, this could be the root of the problem.

None of the files that I transferred (MP3) or converted using other programs gave me any problems...

Old 09-26-2008, 12:57 PM

I have experienced both the high-pitched whine and the sudden shutdowns. For the whine, it is the DNSe settings. Normal or User Setting will prevent.

For the shutdowns, I've noticed they occur only with certain songs. I had guessed some issue with the encoding or file corruption, but other players have no issue playing the very same files. I have had the unit shutdown with both MP3 and M4A (AAC) files. My latest theory is that it may have something to do with the tagging for those files? Still researching....

BTW, I have tried both the MTC and MSC v3.06 firmware and it happens on both. Also occurs with the 3.03 firmware.

Old 09-26-2008, 01:06 PM

I suppose it is the player being anal. As those problematic files can no longer be played on the player, I have to search for their original formats. Re-encoding them or just dumping the original formats seem to work.

Argh. A great piece of work the player is, but it is let down by the software...

Old 09-26-2008, 07:35 PM

These coded are for the Memory size and unit Colour, have nothing at all to do with the Firmware.

"J" means MTP..

Update to MCS Firmware as I find that has less problems with AAC Files.

Old 09-27-2008, 02:24 PM

Here is what I thought:

For me the issue with freezes is confirmed related to the bitrate that the songs are encoded in. I have a mix of mp3 and AAC files that are encoded at a bitrate of 320. Re-encoding to 128 bit before copying to my T10 has solved the problem. Luckily, MediaMonkey does this conversion on the fly so I don't have to maintain two versions...takes a bit longer, but better than having the device freeze and no paperclip to reset it...

But it turns out that for a number of my files even re-encoding to the lower bitrate does not solve the issue. Back to looking at tags....

Last edited by fnzeee; 09-27-2008 at 03:00 PM.

Old 09-29-2008, 02:42 PM

Since my last reply, i actually dont have this problem anymore, the player does not freeze and no high pitched sounds. Its amazing!!!!!!! perfection!
If it helps, all i did, i changed my DNSe setting from "Dance" to "User", which actually sounds much much better ( i boost up base & 3D sick!!!), and instead of having equiliser as my play screen, i just changed to "album info, artist" play screen.

Old 09-30-2008, 10:31 AM

The DNSe issue appears to be pretty well documented. My efforts to resolve the other issue (apparently related to characteristics of individual audio file) appear to confirm what Empyrian said - That the Samsung players are very touchy about audio format. Again, the issue is that the player will either freeze or turn itself off when trying to play certain songs. The same songs cause the same issue on both a T10 and a P2. My testing has confirmed that the issue has no relation to recorded bitrate and is not related to the file's tag information. It is not DRM related as I am using non-DRM files. It is not firmware related: I have tried both MSC and MTP firmwares of the latest and previous versions: no matter which firmware, issue remains. The issue manifests in both mp3 and m4a formatted files, and converting from one to the other does not resolve. It does not affect ALL mop3 and m4a files, just certain ones. What DOES seem to work (though I do not know why), is converting them to WMA format (even VBR). So this is now what I have MediaMonkey doing. Hope this information helps others who experience this issue.

Last edited by fnzeee; 09-30-2008 at 10:49 AM.

Old 02-01-2009, 08:14 PM

I've come across this problem recently with a player that has been working fine for the last 6 months.

The weird thing is that it doesn't do it in all circumstances. When I'm using the player at a desk or at the gym it's fine. When I use it on a motorbike underneath a leather jacket it fails within 5 minutes and needs to be reset. I've been using it on the bike for 6 months without a problem and the songs on the player haven't changed.

I'll give the wma thing a go and see if that makes a difference. DNSe setting changes did nothing.

Old 09-15-2009, 11:31 PM

Mine did the same problem, It was alright until I got the latest updates (ever since the GAME Firmware update came out it happened). I recently swapped to the Korean Firmware Latest, no longer happening. Also I found the player actually starts up a bit quicker.

Old 11-08-2009, 02:42 PM

Hey guys! Does anyone of you know what's the solutions for this problem? I have it all the time. I've tried different firmwares: 3.06eu, 3.07kv, 2.00kr. It happens independently of firmware. Also I tried this stuff with DNSe. It doesn't make any difference is it on or off. The problem still occurs.

Do you have any ideas?
Cheers.

Old 11-21-2009, 02:25 AM

Okay! So the korean firmware does do it too...

I went as far as to bitch at reps via samsung's tech support. One guy finally came to mind to give me some background information about the problem.

He said one out of a hundred do this. And although they don't know why, it varies from device to device on what causes this problem.
Most case scenarios it has to do with firmware upgrading, the type of bit-rate your using for the file your running, the DNS
And the new one which I never thought of, the software you use to upload the files.
He said putting them on the device as if it was a usb drive, can cause this problem, EmoDio also causes this issue too.
He said to consider using the older Media Studio provided with the device.

I haven't put this to the test yet I'm working on making my very own firmware (little success so far) to try to bring the flaw out.

Anyone can confirm those four issues and any solutions please get back to us.

I'm getting mad and dare I say it: I might switch to Zune, or an actual I-pod (fucking bastards, dont mind the applications on it tho)