android
Old 12-01-2009, 10:58 AM

Default Best practise for ripping CD's and videos?

Hi everyone,

I will soon be taking delivery of 2 YP-P3's [1] - one for me and one for She Who Must Be Obeyed - and I am keen to get off to the best possible start.

I want to make sure that I rip our CD's and ensure they have all the information embedded within the files so that the Sammy will find all the information it needs to show album art and all the other bits and bobs that I can't think of right now.

Being an old git I tend to gravitate toward anything Windows throws up at me and this would normally be Windows Media Player 11 but having done some delving aroud this site it would seem Media Jukebox might be the better option.

I would appreciate any advice on whether Media Jukebox would be the better software for simple migration of our CD's to the Sammy.

Thanks and bye.

[1] Currently got a pre-order with Play.com for two 32GB YP-P3's at 149.99 each - not bad methinks - and stock due in December 7th I think - but have since learnt that Play.com might not be a trusted source. Any comments on this too would be welcome as would any other source of 32GB versions.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-01-2009, 11:05 AM

Default Ripping video's - just how are people doing it?

Hi everyone,

Hot on the heals of my other thread about ripping CD's I also have a query about transferring video's to the Sammy.

I am an old fossil and I just don't get how you young 'uns are watching all these videos on such players - the way people write about it one gets the idea that it is a simple and straight forward thing to do.

What software are you using to migrate your DVD's to the Sammy?

To prove that I am not entirely senial I have used DVD Decrypter to create ISO images of our DVD's and then used MDaemon Tools to mount the image to a virtual disc and then used VLC to watch the movie I've ripped. Now that's ok on our Sammy NC10 netbook running XP but things will obviously be different for the YP-P3.

So come one - spill the beans and tell me what I should be looking at to get our movies on the YP-P3.

Thanks and bye.

Old 12-01-2009, 11:07 AM

Thank you dfkt for moving my post to its rightful place - I guess you'll be moving my other one too?

I'll scan the links - many thanks for posting them.

Old 12-01-2009, 12:14 PM

(note to a mod: maybe move the ripping settings to the video discussion section?)
anyway, to rip a DVD (which I haven't done in over a year), I used handbreak and the iPod touch settings... there are instructions on how others did it all over the forums.. the search function is your friend

Old 12-02-2009, 08:00 AM

you can get 32 GB P3's from Amazon and best buy. Assuming you live in the UK i would suggest getting 32 GB P3's from Amazon.

Old 12-02-2009, 09:25 AM

Thumb Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazad View Post
you can get 32 GB P3's from Amazon and best buy. Assuming you live in the UK i would suggest getting 32 GB P3's from Amazon.
umm, unless I'm blind, he never asked about where to buy a P3...

anyway, as I said, Handbreak with the iPod Touch presets works great, even if the conversion will take about 13 hours

Old 12-02-2009, 10:41 AM

Still working my way through the threads an building up my knowledge. My head is hurting!

@ Yazad -the 32GB version was out of stock on Amazon but now available at over 200 - Play.com saying they'll supply for 149.99 after December 7th - I am just a tad concerned that this won't happen!