android
Old 11-30-2009, 07:44 PM

Default formatting P3

hey all I got a virus while traveling with my P3 so Im just wondering if anybody knows how I can format my P3 so that its wiped clean like its out of the box? is this possible?

cheers

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-30-2009, 10:53 PM

take a little and insert it into the microphone\reset hole. or go into my computer right click the p3 and hit format. or go into system and hit format.

WARNING:will delete all songs\videos etc.

Old 12-01-2009, 08:04 AM

yes, I would recomend formating your P3. just to be careful though, you might want to back up everything...

and to my knowledge, there aren't viruses for the P3... do you mean that the P3 has a virus on it, and when you plugged it in, it installed itself on your computer?

Old 12-01-2009, 09:32 AM

cool ill try re-setting it with a pin and see if it wipes it.

i plugged it into a computer in a hostel and then when i turned it on it had wiped everything off the player. then next time i plugged it into a computer the antivirus came up and found 82 trojan worms (i think thats they were called). once i deleted the trojan i realised my files werent deleted only hidden so i just unclicked the 'hidden' box in view settings and all my files showed up again. but everytime i now plug my p3 into a computer the same thing happens, the 82 trojans appear and all my flies go into hidden again. very weird. so i dont wanna plug it into my compuer incase the virus or whatever it is installs itself. ill just wipe it and see what happens.

cheers

Old 12-01-2009, 05:32 PM

ooo, thats not cool.. stupid public computers

Old 12-01-2009, 06:41 PM

Hey Big_kid,

Try resetting the player one more time. If that doesn't work, you could always try formatting the hard disk, set it to TMP mode and try using the format function if you right click on the drive. After you reformat the drive, just reinstall the firmware, that should do the trick if the viruses keep popping up.

Cheers
"How selfish soever man may be supposed, there are evidently some principles in his nature, which interest him in the fortunes of others, and render their happiness necessary to him, though he derives nothing from it..." - Adam Smith

Old 12-02-2009, 10:31 AM

resetting the player does absolutely nothing to solve his problem. all pushing the reset button does is force the P3 to turn off, which means it won't magically make the viruses on his P3 go away, the only way to get them off if they have created some kind of hidden folder is to format the drive. anyway, I'm pretty sure MTP, and that isn't what he wants. set it to PC connection mode to UMS and then format it.. or, if you want, format it using the format option in settings.

Old 12-02-2009, 09:42 PM

hey cheers for your responses. i didnt realise i could just format it through settings. that worked great. its completely wiped everything and i scanned it it seems like its clean. thanx again for ur responses.

cheers