android
Old 10-22-2009, 02:26 PM

Default P3 Bluetooth to PC Problem

Just recently purchased the P3 and have been on this site/forums pretty much every day since I received it. Great site! I've looked around the forums, as well as Google, but can't find a solution to a Bluetooth issue I'm currently having.

Background:
I want to have a backup of my files on a separate computer, and instead of bringing the USB cable with me every time I want to move something I want to transfer the files via Bluetooth. I do have Bluetooth working for my car using Sync from Microsoft so I know how to enable and setup Bluetooth, but I can't seem to get the PC to pair/recognize the P3.

P3 Info:
Firmware 2.14

PC Info:
Windows Vista Business - Service Pack 2

Steps Taken:
I have a Bluetooth 2.0 transceiver that finds the P3 when I click on 'Add a Bluetooth Device'. Once I click on the device and then click next, it tries to connect for about a minute with no success. There is no pairing code displayed on either the PC or the P3. After a minute I get the error below. Any suggestions or fixes for this?

Thanks,
JP

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-23-2009, 12:43 AM

First off you have to set the P3 to "visible" mode. And of course Bluetooth must be on.

Then you do your bluetooth stuff on the PC. Search for devices, refresh device names. Once you "see" the YP-P3. Then you attempt to pair. When you pair, the PC should ask for a pairing code, type any 4 digit code then hit okay, you will then get a pairing code request window on the P3, type the same 4 digits you did on the PC. At this point they should be paired, you can then go into File Transfer mode on the P3 and send files to your PC to your hearts content.

It is a one way path though. Files sent to the P3 end up in the shared folder only. You have to use the USB cable to move them around to the proper folders on the P3.

Anyways, that pretty much covers how it works with my setup (Win XP and Blue Soleil 6.4.249).

Old 10-23-2009, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomCat39 View Post
First off you have to set the P3 to "visible" mode. And of course Bluetooth must be on.
Have done this.

Quote:
Then you do your bluetooth stuff on the PC. Search for devices, refresh device names. Once you "see" the YP-P3. Then you attempt to pair. When you pair, the PC should ask for a pairing code, type any 4 digit code then hit okay, you will then get a pairing code request window on the P3, type the same 4 digits you did on the PC. At this point they should be paired, you can then go into File Transfer mode on the P3 and send files to your PC to your hearts content.
The problem is that the PC never gives me a pairing code. It just says adding device for around a minute or so and then the error message pops up.

To make sure I was doing everything correctly I tested connecting my cell phone to the PC via Bluetooth using your steps. Everything worked perfectly. For some reason the PC doesn't seem to like the P3.

-JP

Old 10-23-2009, 02:33 PM

What if you do it the other way around? Try to find your PC with the P3, then pair the two devices?

Old 10-23-2009, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCookie View Post
What if you do it the other way around? Try to find your PC with the P3, then pair the two devices?
No luck with that either. Correct me if I'm doing something wrong, but when I go to Bluetooth | File Transfer on the P3 it says no device was found.

I know my computer is discoverable though because my cell phone can find it, and I also have a co-worker who has a BlackBerry that can connect to my PC.

-JP

Old 10-23-2009, 04:23 PM

Are you using Vista bluetooth or do you use a thrid party bluetooth application like Blue Soleil?

It might be somethign with the Vista bluetooth stack.

Old 10-23-2009, 05:03 PM

Maybe you should re´nstall the firmware to fix the problem...

Old 10-26-2009, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCookie View Post
Maybe you should re´nstall the firmware to fix the problem...
I did go to firmware version 2.18 but that didn't fix anything.

-JP

Old 10-26-2009, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Are you using Vista bluetooth or do you use a thrid party bluetooth application like Blue Soleil?

It might be somethign with the Vista bluetooth stack.
I was using Vista bluetooth with a transceiver for my wireless mouse and keyboard. I ended up buying a new transceiver over the weekend and everything now works perfectly. Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

-JP

Old 10-26-2009, 10:48 PM
Samsung Moderator

The Windows Bluetooth drivers are ... for lack of a better word ... Shit.

Blue Soleil or WIDCOMM bluetooth stacks are vastly superior.

Old 12-05-2009, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
The Windows Bluetooth drivers are ... for lack of a better word ... Shit.

Blue Soleil or WIDCOMM bluetooth stacks are vastly superior.
I completely agree with you. You can't do anything on Windows' bluetooth drivers.