android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Sony Walkman > Walkman S Series

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-16-2009, 06:51 PM

The sony is really a (great) music machine, not a movie machine. I recently used Windows Media Player for the first time, so I'll try to tell how it works.

Use the "rip" tab to copy the cd's to your hard drive. With the drop down arrow you should be able to choose the format (WMA,MP3. .WAV) and control the quality (more options, use the slider) of the conversion to mp3. Then insert one cd and make sure it loads, then keep just popping in cd's. More quality takes more room, but the sony has great sound quality, might as well use it.

To get the music on the player, use the sync tab. Use the drop down list and it will show your player if it is plugged in. I think you have to click on it and say finished, don't remember exactly but try till it works. Don't be afraid to try the various options.

Then you drag the files you want to sync over to the right. I highlighted a ton of files and copied and pasted over to the top right. The only problem I had was that WMP installed everything and then went on to sync all my photos and video, so keep an eye on it.

I tried dragging and dropping, it worked fine, but I had to navigate to the album art, when I used the sync tab the album art showed as the song played, much nicer. I did not try the sony software (file is in the memory of your player, drag it out and save it in the computer in case you decide to use it later). I don't like windows software, but I hate sony software, so I used the WMP because it was right there and I wanted fast free results.