android
Old 12-17-2009, 10:04 AM

Default Cowon i9 UCI Theme - DFKT

Here's the music screen without the superfluous artist/album/track icons, larger fonts with wider scroll area, and the playlist counter removed. Sure makes the screen less cramped already.

Here's the stock mainmenu1 with wallpaper support. I couldn't get wallpapers working as mainmenu1, it has to be named mainmenu2.

Why Cowon didn't implement wallpaper support for both menus is beyond me...

Attached Files
File Type: zip DFKT-mainmenu2.zip (8.9 KB, 308 views)
File Type: zip DFKT-music.zip (34.2 KB, 213 views)

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-17-2009, 10:10 AM

Nice, I like the green house pic you implemented

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 12-17-2009, 12:30 PM

Another music screen, without that cheesy album art mirror image, black backgrounds, and orange play indicator instead of the green one.

Attached Files
File Type: zip DFKT-music-v2.zip (34.3 KB, 228 views)

Old 12-19-2009, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post
Nice, I like the green house pic you implemented
Just to make it clear - the wallpaper is user-selectable, it's not fixed.

Old 12-28-2009, 10:35 PM

excuse me for my ignorance, but how do you use these updates, like where do you put the files on the i audio?
ta

Old 12-31-2009, 07:55 AM

You unzip the archives and put the SWF files in the System > Flash UI folder (not the Flash folder). The music UI is automatically activated, for the mainmenu you have to press the M button for 3 seconds on the main screen to activate. You also have to activate wallpaper support in the system settings - and of course choose a wallpaper in the image viewer.

Old 03-07-2010, 09:26 AM

Thanks dfkt been running it since yesterday and it's real nice to to have larger fonts and get rid of the extra junk on the music screen.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 03-07-2010, 11:55 AM

I really wanna try to stick this on the s9 and see what happens...I could have TINY menus!

Old 03-08-2010, 03:20 AM

Last all black play theme looks great, but there is some problem with progress bar. When skiping trough songs from time to time the progress bar is not progressing. It is just not showing your actual position in the current song. After pressing play/pause it starts to display your song position correctly.

Old 03-08-2010, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garfield View Post
Last all black play theme looks great, but there is some problem with progress bar. When skiping trough songs from time to time the progress bar is not progressing. It is just not showing your actual position in the current song. After pressing play/pause it starts to display your song position correctly.
This. I've had the same problem, as well as leaving the screen off and then returning to touch it, the progress bar is white with no actual "progress" indicated.

Is there way that you can fix the text moving left and right near the battery indicator? I use BBE ViVA and the text moving left and right excessively gets a bit annoying.

Old 03-11-2010, 05:26 PM

I just tried putting it on my s9, as mainmenu3, and...it works! Including wallpapers! It doesn't read the battery/volume info correctly though. And instead of the slidy touch thing you use the ffw/rewind buttons. So they have the same mapping, if that's useful to anyone. I haven't tried the music screen yet.

Old 03-14-2010, 06:32 PM

So is a fix for the aforementioned problems coming? I mean they are pretty minor, but it'd be pretty nice for it to be straightened out.

:/

Old 03-15-2010, 05:50 AM

I don't intend to work on these UCIs anymore. I gave the i9 to my girlfriend and she doesn't seem to have any issues with the screens. I can upload the .fla and .as sources of my UCIs for someone else to have a go at.

These UCIs started from the sample sources Cowon provided on their website. Those sources were less than helpful, extremely buggy, and not even beta state. Seems Cowon gave some pre-alpha of their Flash menus to people to try their luck with, not even close to the finished menu as found in the stock firmware. I did my best, but with the junk provided by Cowon and my limited interest in troubleshooting their bugs that was all I could do without investing some serious amount of time.

Old 03-15-2010, 01:08 PM

Ah, I see...

Like I said, though. The problems are just minor at best, since I use the hold+skip tracks mode and shuffle my songs. Thanks for replying.

Old 04-09-2010, 08:04 AM

Nobody took me up on my offer so far, but here goes... Here's the sources of my themes, if anyone wants to have a go at them.

Old 11-23-2010, 06:19 AM

@dfkt
I decided to have a look at your sources since I recently bought this player and would like to customize its Now Playing screen a little bit. I can't seem to open the .fla file with Adobe Flash CS3. What software did you use to create these?

Old 11-23-2010, 08:11 AM

I used Flash CS4. Theoretically, they should be backwards compatible with CS3, but I'm not 100% certain.

Old 11-27-2010, 03:25 PM

Default Progres Bar problems solution

Hi,
my UCI for displaying Lyrics:
http://jakub.serych.cz/zobrazeni-lyr...avace-cowon-i9 is also based on the Cowon sample UCI and I had the same problem with progress bar.
I don't want to touch your source files, but for anybody, who wants to repair the bug:
Open the file music_player.as and on the line 496 you'll find:
musicProgressWidth = int(_global.LCD_WIDTH / musicTotalTime);

remove the int function:
musicProgressWidth = _global.LCD_WIDTH / musicTotalTime;
and compile the music-test.fla again.

That's all folks
Jakub

Old 01-30-2011, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
You unzip the archives and put the SWF files in the System > Flash UI folder (not the Flash folder). The music UI is automatically activated, for the mainmenu you have to press the M button for 3 seconds on the main screen to activate. You also have to activate wallpaper support in the system settings - and of course choose a wallpaper in the image viewer.
I've been playing with all the settings, reading all the manuals/faqs and everything I can find online for the past two hours, and can't for the life of me find a way to get a wallpaper to show on the music screen. I have both of your music/mainmenu mods now, and the menu one is working fine, but in the music screen it's still just the orange note with track info.

It was not automatic, and I'm not sure where this setting is, so any help would be appreciated at all.

Old 07-17-2011, 12:40 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I just added the music screen one myself.....quite nice!