android
Old 12-17-2009, 11:54 AM

Default Syncing problems

Hi,

First time poster here, so please be gentle!

Anyway, so I bit the bullet and bought the X-Fi2, upgrading from my old Sleek Photo, and I'm generally pleased with it (aside from some video compatibility, but I'm not too worried about that).

What my issue is, is that i have ripped most of my music using WMP (now on 12) in wma lossless format (I know, I know - more fool me...). From what I understand, the X-Fi2 won't play these files natively and they need to be converted to another format to play - something that WMP11 did (wma lossy?) but WMP12 doesn't - it just transfers the files without converting, so when I go to play the tracks it just skips through those in lossless format without playing.

Now, is there anything I'm doing wrong here (please don't suggest other media players, especially the creative offering...!) or is this something I'm going to have to put up with and maybe convert to another format?

Any help greatly appreciated!

K.

Oh yes another thing - any reason my playlists won't transfer to the device either?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-17-2009, 11:01 PM

Hello kralw69. Good to see you own this player as well.

Regarding the playlist question -

I also use WMP12. I drag n' drop a playlist to the player it copies the files but doesn't copy the playlist!

I manually copy the playlist through windows explorer it picks it up but shows the playlist as empty!

It's just a firmware bug or player bug IMO. Can't do nothing but wait.

Other option would be too make playlists on the player itself.

I'm tinkering with the options...I will let you know off my finds. There's a thread regarding this playlist by another user as well so your not the only one having this playlist problem.

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=49720

Regarding your 1st question - Your best bet would be to convert the files to MP3 or FLAC.

WMP12 won't convert your files to FLAC. It could convert them too WMA, I haven't used WMA Lossless that much.

You can try Winamp for converting WMA Lossless to FLAC. It's pretty neat but use it for only Audio nothing else. It's pretty crappy for video.

OR try another aftermarket sound format conversion software.