android
Old 09-16-2009, 02:11 PM

Default Anyway to make lyrics not so fugly?

Lyrics are driving me mad!
I dont know why they make lyrics display the way they do. It's either laziness or stupidity. This can't be too hard to fix. Does anyone have a work around or know how to get them to display correctly? Let me give ya an example on what I mean.

Using Lyric Station, if I put in:

Sometimes I feel
Like I dont have a partner
Sometimes I feel
Like my only friend
Is the city I live in
The city of angel
Lonely as I am
Together we cry

But on the P3 it shows as

Sometimes I feel Like I
dont have a partner So
metimes I fe el Like m
y only friend Is the cit y
I live in The c ity of a ngel
L onely as I am Together w
e cry

I can maybe understand it not word wrapping and breaking up a word from one line to the next.. but why add spaces to words on the same line?! I've tried manually adding -enters- at the end of each line in Lyric station. I've counted that it shows 28 letters per line and tried to add spaces in each line before and after it to make each line 28 spaces.. it just ignores the extra spacing. No matter how I try to manipulate it always looks exactly like above. Really? Can it be this hard to get lyrics to read spaces and enters?

I've seen video's of the p2 lyrics and it doesnt seem to have this problem. Almost makes me wish I'd had bought a p2 instead. Actually I wish I bought the Cowon s9.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-17-2009, 12:38 AM

If you are using lyrics station, you gotta pick the lyrics that look best.. You got the crappy looking lyrics by the crappy uploader LOL. Well they dont look great but if you look hard, you can find lyrics that dont have words spaced apart like that.

Old 09-17-2009, 03:42 AM

These are lyrics I added myself in Lyric station-- and the songs that did find lyrics looked ok in lyric station but looked crappy on the p3. P3 doesnt seem to recognize spacing, enters.. and oddly enough adds spaces in the middle of a word.

Its not "someone uploaded crappy lyrics" its that the p3 doesnt display correctly what is in Lyric station. Its just bad programming. Was hoping there was a work around since I don't think Samsung really cares about the p3 and doubt they'll ever fix it.

Cant me that hard to fix. How hard is it to make the p3 register an -enter- on the lyric screen so it knows to put the next line of text on the next line of the screen.

Old 09-17-2009, 03:58 PM

How did you get lyrics to even WORK?!

Old 09-17-2009, 05:41 PM

^ well at least on my P2 it doesnt show like that.. I wonder why P3 cant do that.

Old 12-08-2009, 06:29 PM

I'm having huge issues trying to find this supposed "Samsung Lyrics Station" software... the link on another forum I found was dead, and I just can't find another link anywhere. Anyone have a copy of the installer they'd be willing to post, or at least a working link?

Old 12-08-2009, 08:02 PM

lyrics station is not a samsung product. it is made by a third party and supports more then just Samsung MP3 players.

Old 12-18-2009, 07:11 AM

soo... any other solutions???? what about the Cowon LDB???
I'm thinking if you copy the music to the computer... and use the LDB to get lyrics online with the Cowon S9 layout ( since it kinda works fine with the screen size of P3 ) and then copy the music back to your P3.. I haven't tried it yet... I might try it after I'm done with my finals... if anyone would try it first and give us a quick feedback cuz I think that might be an easier solution... if it works....