android
Old 11-29-2009, 11:01 AM

I have a BIG rant. I have all but given up setting my eq. Its impossible to work the sliders correctly without hitting the wrong one or two and three at a time. Anyone know a way to easily set the eq?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-29-2009, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvax300 View Post
I have a BIG rant. I have all but given up setting my eq. Its impossible to work the sliders correctly without hitting the wrong one or two and three at a time. Anyone know a way to easily set the eq?

Get someone with small fingers

But yes it is hard...

Stop the loudness war - Turn Me Up!

Old 11-29-2009, 11:19 AM

I have small, fat fingers for a guy...I find it incredibly difficult to use the sliders and most of the touch functions...I am always double touching so that very few things I do happen the way I want them to happen...I had to put the font at the largest one in order to be able to touch correctly...
Have: Altec Lansing ACS90 Computer Speakers

Old 11-29-2009, 03:54 PM
Ultra Senior Member

sometimes, when i scroll I accidentally press on something...really annoying

Old 11-29-2009, 04:32 PM
Ultra Senior Member

My P3 Rant:

They made it worse than the P2 when they failed to include the external pause/play button.

Old 11-30-2009, 03:42 PM

Here are Mine :O i forgot i still have this on my computer! haha

* The LAG - Thats the first thing you will notice the MOMENT you turn on the damn thing lol i remember how perfect and smooth the P2's startup was it was perfect no lag at all just nice and blue.
- The UI is also just plain terrible when it comes to lag its not even funny even with the default factory UCI the lag is just embarrasing it really affects the response time of the touch screen too
- Sometimes if your P3 gets too hot it (I was using it for about an hour straight and idk why it got hot lol this happened maybe just once) will start lagging like crazy and then it affects your music so that starts lagging and sooner or later it will just shut off for like 5 minutes and then you can turn it on like nothing ever happened i was just like wow.
- Transparent Screens? in the UCI? yes a huge problem. Yes of course when you get your P3 its very fun to mess with the UCI and make it look as good as your preference but default when you click on a icon in the UI (for example music) you usually can not see anything in the background just the like the P2 its just black in the background and that helps the P3 not lag when you scroll through your music especially for people that are really quick with their P3's, Turning on transperancy will completely lAG it uP lol the scrolling in the music gets all clanky and slow. yes thats a HUGE tHANG for me lol

* CHEAPER HARDWARE? i think its a little too obvious....^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
- All right as you know that the lag in this thing is a little pain in the arse but its not enough to reallllly bother anybody using it but its still really bad to me
- The WAY cheaper price this thing runs for was too good to be true I paid 210 dollars for my P2 back last year and My P3 was costing me 130 dollars i had a feeling something wasnt gonna be right from the moment i saw how cheap the price was I mean seriously
- It is also really noticable when clicking on things in menus there is a slight delay that extremely noticable when you are going through menus that goes to show that loading times arent the strongest thing in the P3, for example i have 728 songs on my P3 right now when i click on it there is a 2 second delay when you click on it. When I had my P2 I had 901 Songs on it and i clicked on songs it right away went to my songs BAM! no wait so struggle no ball breaking no stress happy users. LOL
- In the visual players when you play music it is also noticable pretty easily that the P3 can merely handle the visuals enough to be displayable. NOW as I SAID BEFORE in when my P3 got hot it got very laggy oh my god the lag was maybe to the point to where the visual player was running 2 FPS now thats terrible (if you also wanna see how slow it was, start playing music on your p3 right now and pick the music play screen called cheerful and put your p3 on hold so you can still see your display now just hold your finger on the screen) this may work for you lol

* BATTERY LIFE - Yeah how many of you know how crappy the ipod touch battery life is? thats not the case here lol the P3's battery life is very good overall although I did notice the P2 had ALOT longer battery life lol that thing would never die i charged it like twice a week or less

* Some last other things that I noticed right away
- When I had my p2 and After I did the P2 Region change to korean and changing it to UMS it no longer required library updates after you unplugged it from the computer for some reason and it was just fine and I noticed with the P3 when you put it on UMS it will work with just about anything you plug it into and it does always need library updates after you unplug it. I noticed that when i plugged it into my ps3 it would constantly reboot and reboot like 3 times and then it would go into usb mode my p2 never did that lol
- Sometimes turning off this thing is a nightmare when you try to turn it off after you have tryed to connect it to a phone on bluetooth it will delay the turn off about 10 seconds and then it will say "Connection Failed" then it that goes away then when you try to turn it off again there will be another 10 second delay and then it will say "Disconnected"

Ya know alot of this may sound exaggerated and negative but it is normal AND the only thing you may even notice is just the lag in the UI but overall i love my p3! lol
I dont even care about all this lol im just stating this to see what other people say and if they have experianced any of this like i said this may not even be the case here try out a p3 with a firmware above 2.18 and none of this may even apply or maybe even with older firmwares lol

* Trust me there are many positive things that are with the P3 TRUST ME LOL
- The Amazing Sound Quality That DNSe 3.0 brings
- Better Touch Screen Reponse
- The stock games included run alot faster
- Support for flash Games
- Easy UMS to MTP switching
- Custom UCI's and Widgets
- Custom booting images
- So many more!....
You know I may and most likely will stick with my P3 for a while until like DNSe 4.0 comes out or something like that but overall I am a little dissapointed with samsung right now.. especially with this P3 and that they may not release new updates for the p3 its BULL..lol

Old 12-14-2009, 09:14 AM

I just wish that you could charge and play at the same time! I connect the P3 to my car radio though an aux input and it sounds great, but I just wish that I had the ability to charge also.

Old 12-14-2009, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seti1906 View Post
I just wish that you could charge and play at the same time! I connect the P3 to my car radio though an aux input and it sounds great, but I just wish that I had the ability to charge also.
USB car charger. With that, you can play and charge at the same time.

Old 12-14-2009, 11:13 AM

wow, J1700... that is the saddest post I've read in a long time...

Old 12-16-2009, 11:02 AM

i love the album art.

no rants as of the moment.. im still enjoying my p3.. but will be an s9 user soon.

Old 12-16-2009, 02:06 PM

Wow all these rants are making me flinch at the fact that im getting my P3 in a few days... -.- -.- hmmmmmmmm...

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever" -Gandhi

Old 12-17-2009, 09:20 AM
Banned

I shouldn't worry - people are much more inclined to write about any negative experience.

Old 12-17-2009, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvax300 View Post
The eaiest solution I found for this is to touch and roll your finger around. As you roll your finger left or right it selects the frequency slider you are after and rolling up or down slides it higher or lower. So I tend to set two to three sliders per touch.

It's still a royal pita but is at least manageable this way. You can also slide your finger around if that works better for you. The key is don't lift up your finger so as to maintain some semblence of control.

Old 12-17-2009, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by electron View Post
wow, J1700... that is the saddest post I've read in a long time...
I must agree...Nothing really makes sense on his/her post.

Old 12-18-2009, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamnine View Post
I shouldn't worry - people are much more inclined to write about any negative experience.
i agree. people tend to discuss their negative experiences but how about the positives ?

@ ODYSSEY : dont be confused nor disappointed on what you are seeing negatives about the p3. wait for your own p3 and explore, for sure, there would be more pleasures than disappointments.