android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Samsung > Samsung T10

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-28-2009, 03:12 AM

I just took apart a T10 I've had lying around that has a broken LCD. I'll note a couple of things:

1) After you've removed the front cover, there's a screw on the right side, next to the slot that holds the cable from the front panel, that has to be unscrewed if you want to totally remove the logic board. That isn't shown in the video. (Maybe the video maker forgot to put the screw back in the previous time he disassembled it.)

2) You can remove the LCD assembly without removing the logic board or the battery from the case. You basically just peel it off.

3) You can replace the logic board in the case if you snip off the plastic post that's near the bottom of the case and between the headphone and USB port openings. As far as I can tell, it has no essential function. The screw that normally goes through it from the back seems to hold without it.

4) The one part of reassembly that I haven't mastered is getting the ribbon cable from the front panel back into the connector on the logic board. I have the same problem, but worse, with the Sansa Fuze, of which I have several that I need to reassemble. It's very frustrating.