android
Old 12-28-2009, 07:29 PM

Default S639 wouldnt connect to pc - found out why

So i had given up on my walkman ages ago and bought a new one, recently my friend said he wanted to borrow it so i started messing with it.

The problem was it wont connect to the pc it makes the connect sound but came up as a "unknown device" played with the drivers - nothing and such wouldnt charge.

it turns out that if you plug in the cable to the bottom of the player and pull it out a bit it then works - but its very sensitive. if you push it back in, it then goes to creating library and pretends nothings happening.

When i say pull on it, i mean just put tension on the cable.

I just thought i would share this info in case it helps anyone. I dont know if it is the wire or the player to blame, but i have my walkman back so yay!

hope this info helps someone else!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-28-2009, 10:25 PM

It is not clear whether you only have a bad contact on the player side of the cable or also an OS/driver problem on the PC side of the connection.
Please try another computer and another USB cable (maybe at the shop you bought it).

Old 12-29-2009, 11:47 AM

well i messed about with the drivers and that didnt help, another thing that i did was flash the firmware again which could have been it.