android
Old 12-29-2009, 10:19 AM

Default Rockbox Development Thread Coming soon...

This is a copy of a email i have sent the webmaster i want everyone to see it and be able to share your opinions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello, My Nick is Terror. I have been working with websites; from scripting to web applications to c++. for 20

years. I am here to take the initiative to develop a better

source for those like me who had the Sansa View for 2 years. Personally, those who have the Sansa View, Should

have there choice to upgrade for the firmware. There is just terrible firmware support in my opinion; and i am

sure those over the internet would think so as well. Anyhow what i think for changes can really benefit

everyone who wasted there money on it. And seriously i bet it will increase traffic since everyone checks the

site google for stuff such as "Sansa View Hacks, Sansa View Themes, Sansa View Decrypted Firmware, Sansa View

mi4 hacked, Sansa View Rockbox" Ect..... And there is all ways a link to this site. Just think of how much

people we can recruit. There are hundreds more out there with this device. Anyways; this is what i would like

to do...

In the SanDisk Sansa Sub, SanDisk Sansa Section create a sub forum called "Sansa View Rockbox Development &

Sources" Make me a Mod for the Sub. I will create all what needs to be done in that section. And i can

guarantee we will get this rockbox firmware ported.

If you think of how and what people are doing to find out information on what we can do to provide them with

sources to create and or gain knowledge for ported applications and firmware, It will give this website the

opportunity to be the first for the information & future device support. I have all so noticed that everyone

does look & complain about not having or knowing who will be will be available to provide development

resources; And it will be able to help to know the script kiddies to the elite developers.

Please, get back to me on what you think.
My name Is Josh
Email me at "TerrorScripts***********" I used "7158641867a***********" But that email is not used as much.

Thank you and have a Great Day.....
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-29-2009, 10:35 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Are you aware of http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/GSoCSansaView ?

Old 12-29-2009, 11:02 AM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

I don't think this makes much sense. Theres been very little interest in the View, and its an very hard port to work on because so much of the hardware is unknown. Discussing that really won't help, people have been doing that for years at this point.

However, if someone wants to try, they're much better off discussing it on the rockbox forums or IRC channel were there are many people who have worked on previous PP hardware and a few who looked at the View hardware itself. They can go through the wiki, read up on what obo did, and resume work on an LCD driver.

Old 12-29-2009, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post

Yes, I am aware of it, But there are allot of resources people do not know about. I can provide allot of software. Those that i have bought licenses aswell. And i will provide them.

Old 12-29-2009, 12:05 PM
Visiting troll from Pocketables

The requests you've put in for a dedicated forum and to be a mod will not be granted. If you want to work with rockbox, do it with the infrastructure that's already here and the people in charge of rockbox. As saratoga says, the View isn't even a popular player at all- probably be a nice contestant for worst player with fewest owners of the decade.