android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Samsung > Samsung M1

Old 12-07-2009, 07:12 PM
Ultra Senior Member

No knowing what Samsung would like to charge for one, but without WiFi it's got to sell for less than a Zune HD. More in the Cowon S9 range perhaps.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-08-2009, 08:35 AM

This thing will have less availability than the P3 has in the US. Samsung has given up on their more expensive line of players in the US.

Old 12-08-2009, 08:22 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I'm keeping an eye on the B&H Photo website, just in case they get it in stock on the sly,...............

Old 12-08-2009, 09:38 PM
Ultra Senior Member

It doesn't hurt to keep checking B&H or even amazon.com, but based on the time since it was first released in Korea to now I'm not confident the M1 will ever reach the U.S.. I believe Samsung is providing OLED screens for the Zune HD, and although the HD isn't going anywhere near iPod Touch sales levels they are doing better than they expected to. This all means the supply of screens for the M1 is limited.

Old 12-29-2009, 03:37 AM

Ugh, this is killing me!
Has anyone heard any news about whether or not (and when) the M1 will be available in the US?

I'm thinking about waiting for it, but it is pushing my buttons now..
Archos Gmini 402
HTC Excalibur Mobile Phone (Never get this dumbphone)

Old 12-29-2009, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renci View Post
Ugh, this is killing me!
Has anyone heard any news about whether or not (and when) the M1 will be available in the US?

I'm thinking about waiting for it, but it is pushing my buttons now..
if you have money to burn Spain do ship to usa but it the store that does is expensive

Old 12-29-2009, 01:24 PM

My inside source says that there thinking of dropping it around April/May 2010 in the U.S. It's supposed to include hd radio in the us version hence the delay.

Old 12-29-2009, 02:11 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Thanks Princeneptunes. Do you trust your source? "Thinking of" doesn't sound like firm product plans to me. If the device is getting a serious overhaul to better appeal to U.S. consumers then they've got some work to do. HD radio puts radio on-par with the Zune HD (also a Tegra powered device) but will the UI be improved to compete with the smoothness and originality of the Zune HD's UI?

Old 12-29-2009, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olley View Post
Thanks Princeneptunes. Do you trust your source? "Thinking of" doesn't sound like firm product plans to me. If the device is getting a serious overhaul to better appeal to U.S. consumers then they've got some work to do. HD radio puts radio on-par with the Zune HD (also a Tegra powered device) but will the UI be improved to compete with the smoothness and originality of the Zune HD's UI?

He's an engineer who works for Samsung electronics department. So he has details on what product includes what and so on. So far i don't know about the UI and if it's going to be better than the ones released in Korea. My guess is probably not. There looking to add features more than anything. Hd Radio being one of them. Prolly a few new widgets here and there and that's about it.

Old 12-29-2009, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princeneptunes View Post
He's an engineer who works for Samsung electronics department. So he has details on what product includes what and so on. So far i don't know about the UI and if it's going to be better than the ones released in Korea. My guess is probably not. There looking to add features more than anything. Hd Radio being one of them. Prolly a few new widgets here and there and that's about it.
if thats true, i should be able to pre-order by march or something...... if it does indeed come out here in the usa