android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-06-2010, 04:36 PM
ABI Invaluable

I just booted into Windows 7 (64-bit) to see for myself what would happen if I plugged my ZVM in. Windows recognized my player, loaded up the correct drivers, and presented me with a nice options panel allowing me to sync to WMP, browse my player's folders, and change settings. And that was without any Creative software whatsoever. So now I know for sure that Windows 7 natively supports the ZVM.

This means that, if it is not working properly on a Win7 installation, then it is down to a software conflict, or possibly a firmware issue on your player. So, assuming that you didn't put any Creative software on the Win7 computer before plugging in your player, then try booting it into Recovery Mode and performing a Disk Cleanup. This usually corrects issues with Windows not properly recognizing a ZVM. Be aware that Disk Cleanup will not usually mess with any of your media files unless it finds damaged files. Therefore, having backups is strongly recommended before doing a Disk Cleanup.