android
Old 01-01-2010, 09:51 AM

Default unable to find my zvm 30gb in Windows 7

ZV:M 30gb
Version 1.62.02e
Windows 7 ultimate x64

Hello, first time posting, i've just registered in hope of getting some assistance.
I've just installed win7(1 week ago) from vista sp1 and are experiencing some issues, for some reason win7 cant find my ZV:M.
Nothing happends when i plug it in(tried all usbports) and im unable to find any device in device manager or sync in wmp 12, furthermore ive tried to install the software that came with the player, while installing i get an error message "Regsvr32 fails to register c:\Program FIles (x86)\Creative\Creative Zen Vision M\Cmemtp64.dll" and when i try to start zvm explorer i get the following errormessage "this file isent linked to and program to be able to perform the task".
Recharging, rebooting, clean up and formatting the player hasent helped either.
If i recollect correctly it was about 4 month's since i connected my zvm to my computer, and then it work flawless.
Hope you zvm wizards can help me as im at a loss.
Regards!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-02-2010, 03:07 AM
Ultra Senior Member

First off, you need to completely remove all traces of the Creative software you installed. It is not rated for Windows Vista, let alone Windows 7. A patch for Creative Media Explorer exists so that it can run on Vista without interfering with Vista's native MTP support, but the Creative software is completely unnecessary for Vista/7.

Secondly, you stated that it had been four months since you last plugged in your player, so I have to ask: Have you verified that the player can turn on? The computer is never going to be able to recognize your player if the battery is dead.

Old 01-02-2010, 04:25 AM

Thanks for your reply ZenChick!
Yeah i did uninstall all software, perhaps i should use ccleaner or some similiar software to be sure though.
Was unaware about the patch, do you think it would work?
Secondly, it does turn on and i have charged it to its fullest.
Everything about the player is functioning as far as i can tell, only i cant function it with windows 7.
Will probobly try on a friends computer later today.

Old 01-03-2010, 02:25 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Let me know how that goes. There should be no issues connecting a ZVM with Windows 7, so this may point to a firmware or MTP driver issue.

If it connects to your friend's computer, then the problem is likely a corrupted MTP infrastructure on yours, that may require a repair re-installation of WMP12.

If it does not connect to your friend's computer, and your friend's computer is running Windows Vista or Windows 7, or is running Windows XP SP1 or higher with WMP11 installed, then the problem is with your player. In most cases, booting the player into Recovery Mode and running Disk Cleanup fixes these issues.

This thread in my FAQ subforum may help you out here.

Old 01-06-2010, 10:17 AM

I just tested the player on a friends computer with xp 32 sp3 and it recognized it without any problems at all, so i think we can exclude that it's a problem with the player.
My gf just told me she tried to plug it into our computer before i did and it did recognize it then and tried to install some drivers, however it didnt work.
Perhaps i just need to reinstall windows 7 or something.
Cant find any unusuall drivers installed anyhow.

Old 01-06-2010, 04:13 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Try opening up Device Manager, then plugging in your player, and see what happens. If Device Manager shows your player, even if incorrectly, then you can delete its listing in Device Manager, unplug the player, plug it back in, and let it try to find the correct drivers this time.

Old 01-07-2010, 10:01 AM

Success!
After trying the player at a friends computer and running the MP3PlayerRecoveryTool it worked when i came home, it found the player instantly and installed it.
Thanks a bunch for your assistance ZenChick, i really appreciate it!

Old 01-07-2010, 05:08 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Awesome! Glad you got it working!