android
Old 09-22-2009, 10:59 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtsoll View Post
I picked up a white one at Best buy but it had no screen protector sheet with it, took it back and the next one didn't either. contacting sony now. they only had white but i didnt care. Doug
Mine didn't have a screen protector either, but I have some already, so it's all good. Late night low quality pics to follow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN2351.jpg (136.1 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2352.jpg (112.3 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2356.jpg (79.8 KB, 85 views)

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-23-2009, 04:24 PM

well, i have contacted sony support about the screen protectors but omg!! been on hold forever and then I just told them to call me back so I am not wasting my minutes on my cell. They have no idea at all what is going on with the stuff they sell! I realize its just a screen protector but jeeez, its the principle of the thing, it says its IN there!! It'll be ok I guess, just pi**es me off!! Doug

Old 09-23-2009, 11:13 PM

Quote:
well, i have contacted sony support about the screen protectors but omg!! been on hold forever and then I just told them to call me back so I am not wasting my minutes on my cell. They have no idea at all what is going on with the stuff they sell! I realize its just a screen protector but jeeez, its the principle of the thing, it says its IN there!! It'll be ok I guess, just pi**es me off!! Doug
Ive ordered 3 different silicone cases from sony and so far they have all had the screen protector. It would be nice if they at least put it in some kind of protective outer sleeve instead of just tapeing it to the packaging. You may have better luck using the email option when contacting Sony CS. I have used it and response time has always been good. GL

Old 09-24-2009, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Picked up one from BB today; also no screen protector sheet. Sony: shame on the poor QC by the packaging department. Really Embarrassing, especially with all the verbage you included on the back of the insert card, saying that there's supposed to be a screen protector, and even describing how to put it on. If Cupertino was even paying attention, they'd be having a good laugh at your expense. BB's product buyers (or their website copy editors) need to learn what the color 'black' looks like. I didn't notice the world 'black' anyplace on the packaging.

The Sony Style store also has the same translucent (semi-transparent?) silicone case; maybe THEIR stock has the protector sheet included. Will try there instead. I assume this screen overlay will be die-cut to work with the shape of the clear plastic on the front of S545 (you know...the arched top, cutouts for the Mickey Mouse configuration of the buttons, D-pad).

Aside: case looks bloody fugly and cheap. And DEFINITELY not worth an Andy Jackson. Think this was the SAME price I paid for the leather flip purchased from the Sony Style store for my A829.

Old 10-06-2009, 09:52 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Now on Amazon, there is an armband style case for both the S540 players, and the E340 players. Comes with a rubber wristband emblazoned with "Live, Laugh, Love"

Old 11-08-2009, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
Now on Amazon, there is an armband style case for both the S540 players, and the E340 players. Comes with a rubber wristband emblazoned with "Live, Laugh, Love"
Do you have a link Marvin?

Old 11-08-2009, 11:40 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring View Post
Do you have a link Marvin?
I found it by going to Amazon and typing "S540 armband" in the search box of the electronics section.

Old 01-08-2010, 11:38 PM

Default Screen protectors

I picked up the same white case described here at Best Buy. It came with one protector sheet. Of course I didn't put it on straight the first couple times. I would like to buy some more. Anyone know where to get just the screen protector? i see some advertised but I don't think they are arch shaped to fit the S545. I don't want to spend another $20 just for another protector sheet.

Old 01-09-2010, 12:13 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by williambloke View Post
I picked up the same white case described here at Best Buy. It came with one protector sheet. Of course I didn't put it on straight the first couple times. I would like to buy some more. Anyone know where to get just the screen protector? i see some advertised but I don't think they are arch shaped to fit the S545. I don't want to spend another $20 just for another protector sheet.
I bought a package of generic trim-to-fit ones at a Wal-mart for less than $10 a while back...I forget the name on the packaging.

Old 01-09-2010, 08:16 AM

@williambloke: I've got an extra generic screen protector sheet like Marvin's talking about. If you want me to send it to you, PM me your address. It's big enough that you could cut two S545 protector's out of it. If you still have your old one you could use it as a template.

Matt