android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen Vision:M

Old 03-01-2009, 03:26 AM

Exclamation Creative Media Explorer for ZVM - XP Version Needed.. Please!

For some crazy/inexplicable reason, the 32-bit Windows XP version of Creative Media Explorer for ZVM is no longer available from Creative's website. The only versions there are a Vista Version that won't install on XP and a 64-bit version.

Can someone who still has the install file please upload it to a file storage/sharing site like megaupload or rapidshare?

Thanks in advance,
simonsez

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-01-2009, 12:38 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Sure there is. You just have to change the Manual Selection on the bottom left of the page to Vista 32-bit.

The install CD is here.

Zen FAQ

Old 03-01-2009, 05:26 PM

The Vista version wouldn't install on XP. Thanks for the link but why are there 6 CD links posted when only 1 CD comes with the ZVM?

I did find a link to the contents of the ZVM CD from another forum, so I'll post it here for anyone else who has this problem.

http://files.filefront.com/Creative+.../fileinfo.html
<iframe src="http://www.thefreedictionary.com/dict.asp?Word=in%20case#lookitup%21xcrop=#MainTxt% 7C#TDTotalBrowser" style="border: 1px solid black; width: 460px; height: 100%; top: 0px; right: 0px; padding-left: 0px; position: fixed; background-color: white; z-index: 1000; display: none;" id="ResultBox6"></iframe>

Old 03-01-2009, 06:00 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Yeah, sorry about that. I meant change it to the XP selection.

You need to download all of the files from the links, then decompress all of them together to add up to the entire CD.

Thanks for the link! Good to have.

Zen FAQ

Old 11-03-2009, 03:23 PM

Default Connecting your Zen Vision:M 30GB to Windows XP 32 bit

Here is what I did to get my ZVM connecting to my laptop.

I decided to reinstall windows (Windows XP SP2 32 bit) on my laptop, and naturally, the one CD I didn't have anymore was the disc for my Zen.

My Zen wasn't showing up as docked when plugged it in to the newly refreshed laptop, so I ASSumed that I needed the Media Explorer software that came with it (I didn't). As is well documented, Creative no longer provide the Windows XP 32 bit version for download and it's nigh on impossible to find on the net.

Now, I use the Gold version of MediaMonkey for all my music management and Zen syncing (highly recommended), so I only needed the Zen to be recognised by Windows. I'm not interested in the Creative jukebox software etc.

In the end all I needed to do was:
1. Turn on my Zen and attach it to the USB port
2. Go to Control Panel> System> Hardware (tab) > Device Manager
3. Expand the Portable Devices node (you should see your Zen displayed there with a yellow question mark). Double click on this
4. Choose the option to reinstall driver. It think it refers to an MTP device/driver

This should get you Zen connecting to Windows now (may require a restart)

I hope this helps and saves some of you some time.

Cheers,

Old 12-09-2009, 08:32 PM

I have tried exactly what was suggested and nothing works.

First, I don't see a function in the device manager for "reinstall driver". All I get is update driver or "rollback driver" or "Delete driver".

My Zen was fine until I installed the latest firmware from Creative's website. Since then, neither my PC at work nor the one here at home, both of which are XP 32bit recognize the device.

Also, even though my songs are there, when a title is playing, the "now playing" feature is all blank and says "select music to PLAY from the music library".

Anyone have any ideas?

Old 01-12-2010, 09:25 AM

I have nearly the same exact setup as kirschbaum: I too use MediaMonkey Gold and don't care to use any other software.

I used to be able to connect my ZVM to my laptop, no problems, but then I had to reinstall Windows and it's never been able to connect since. I have not changed OS's or anything else.

I am running a laptop with Windows XP SP3 and now my ZVM sometimes shows up for a little while when I plug it in - and then disappears. If I'm really fast, I can get MediaMonkey to notice it, but it'll disappear. It never seems to show up at all in Windows Explorer, even when MediaMonkey recognizes it briefly. While I don't want to use other software to synchronize with it, I do want it to show up as connected on my computer in Windows Explorer should I look for it, and I want it to *stay* connected and showing up.

I tried what kirschbaum suggested in the control panel, and the thing is, the "Portable Devices" node doesn't even seem to exist for me.

Any ideas?

Old 01-12-2010, 11:57 PM
Ultra Senior Member

What version of Windows Media Player do you have installed? If you have WMP10, then you should consider updating it to WMP11. it contains the MTP driver framework that you need to get your player recognized so you can use it. You can then choose to allow WMP11 to sync your player, or use alternate software. But you need that framework installed.