android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen V

Old 12-28-2006, 10:35 PM

Default How do I use 2 different Zen players on 2 different Win XP accounts?

I've had a Zen V Plus for a couple of months. I installed all of the Creative software when I was logged into my account on Windows XP Home.

I got my wife a Zen V Plus for Christmas. Our computer has no problem recognizing and synchronizing with my wife's Zen when we're logged in as me. When she's logged in under her own account, nothing happens. She'd like to be able to use Media Explorer when she is logged in as herself, and to have her own podcast subscriptions and settings on Zencast. How can she do this? Surely I don't need to reinstall the software logged in as her. I'm stumped.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-28-2006, 11:08 PM

when you installed the software the first time, you probably selected, Install This Software Only For This Account, meaning that only your account can use the software, however, you shouldve selected: Install This Software For Everyone On This Computer, which would have installed it for all users, so yes, you will have to reinstall it on your wifes account

Old 12-29-2006, 01:45 PM

Thanks. I "installed" it from my wife's account, and everything's okay. Maybe it was only a one-time thing that I overlooked during the first installation, but when I installed the software again last night I didn't see a dialogue box asking about "only this account" and "everyone on the computer." Regardless, my wife can use her Zen on her account now, and everyone's happy.