android
Old 01-31-2010, 06:23 PM

Default Fuze, Rockbox, and SlotRadio

I don't own a Fuze, but I do own a Clip+. My question is to those Fuze people using Rockbox; Does it disable the use of SlotRadio cards?

I know that putting Rockbox (at least on the e200 series) disables the ability to use DRM'd files. Does the same apply to SlotRadio cards? Anybody with a Rockboxed v1 Fuze have any SlotRadio cards lying around?

Obviously, I don't need the question answered right away as Rockbox isn't even 'unofficially' on the Clip+ yet. Just something I'd been wondering.

Thanks.
SoundMagic PL50|SoundMagic PL30|Bang&Olufsen Form 2

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-31-2010, 06:49 PM
Administrator

Default Don't Know About Any Other DRMed Files But...

Just tried a slotRadio card in my Rockboxed Fuze. When it's in the Rockbox firmware it can see the microsd card and any contents I've added to it. It does not see any of the slotRadio tunes even when the view settings are on "All".

When I boot back to the OF the slotRadio card plays like always. So Rockbox has not taken away the ability of the Fuze to play a slotRadio card. I have absolutely no DRMed files to test whether it still works with them.

Old 01-31-2010, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip252 View Post
Just tried a slotRadio card in my Rockboxed Fuze. When it's in the Rockbox firmware it can see the microsd card and any contents I've added to it. It does not see any of the slotRadio tunes even when the view settings are on "All".

When I boot back to the OF the slotRadio card plays like always. So Rockbox has not taken away the ability of the Fuze to play a slotRadio card. I have absolutely no DRMed files to test whether it still works with them.
Thanks :P . Ya, I'm not too worried about Audible support (which if I remember was what gets disabled by the Rockbox install), but it's good to know that when/if RB hits the Clip+ I won't lose my paid for SlotRadio cards, even if I have to boot into the OF to use them.
SoundMagic PL50|SoundMagic PL30|Bang&Olufsen Form 2

Last edited by sunami88; 01-31-2010 at 10:03 PM.