android
Old 02-02-2010, 09:21 AM

Default Bricked c240 v1 beyond repair..

So I think its actually bricked for good. Device would orginally work but wouldnt be seen by windows. even putting it into recovery it wouldnt show up. So I decided to do a full erase using e200tool in ubuntu, then use the bootloader rom to do a fresh install.

Long story short, it executes the bootloader command then the screen goes black leaving only the blue lights on. lsusb says its a c200 in recovery mode but no 16mb partition gets mounted. I have the newest updates an checked the gphoto issue and still its a no go..

is she dead? windows sees it as the tango media driver which typically means dead..

Help?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-02-2010, 10:00 AM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzyrulz View Post
So I think its actually bricked for good. Device would orginally work but wouldnt be seen by windows. even putting it into recovery it wouldnt show up. So I decided to do a full erase using e200tool in ubuntu, then use the bootloader rom to do a fresh install.

Long story short, it executes the bootloader command then the screen goes black leaving only the blue lights on. lsusb says its a c200 in recovery mode but no 16mb partition gets mounted. I have the newest updates an checked the gphoto issue and still its a no go..
How exactly did you try and do a "full erase using e200tool"? I don't think thats even possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzyrulz View Post
is she dead? windows sees it as the tango media driver which typically means dead..
No, IIRC that just means you're in manufacturing mode.