android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-05-2010, 12:17 PM

Default H320 CF MOD working 100%

Hi all,
Just want to say that I have done a CF mod to a H320.
This is how to guide if you live in the UK.
How I did it:
I first went on ebuyer.com & bought a Kingston 32GB CF card for 49.99 & the postage was free at that time! it's not gone up since then!
I then went on eBay UK & brought a 1.8" IDE to CF card converter for 4.99 but the seller was from the UK, but you can buy them cheaper from China & all that!
I then received the adaptor in the same week I bought the CF card, then on the Friday I received the CF card.
I first copied the .rockbox folder from my pc from where I first copied it from my H320 HDD to the pc then copied the folder from my pc to the CF card, I used my built in card reader slots on my pc.
The card was already on FAT32 format so I was ok on the format & then I made sure that the .rockbox folder was already on the CF card before I removed it from my pc.
Then I took the back of the H320 & removed the HDD & then fitted the 1.8" IDE to CF card converter & then fitted the CF card into the adaptor, I left the jumer onto MASTER & haven't remove it for SLAVE.
I then booted the device & Rockbox loaded very quickly on the device.
I then tried it out & it very quick to a HDD & found that when you scan a large track & let go of the ff button it plays right away, on a HDD it takes a few seconds to catch up!
I did post all the information on that Misticriver site but that is all now lost for good! so I will have to do it again for this site.
I can also confirm that this mod works on the 1.29k iRiver firmware 100% in all functions.
Please remember that I already installed the Rockbox bootloader to the device before I removed the HDD.
I think that's about it! but please let me know if I missed something out!
Regards Tom.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CF Modd on a H320.jpg (60.4 KB, 53 views)

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]