android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Samsung

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-13-2010, 07:19 PM

Default P3 vs. R1 - Samsung experts, i need your help.

Hi everyone!

I've got a few questions, and these forums look like a great place for some advice.

So: My MP3 player recently broke, it was a Meizu M6. I really liked it, but the support was horrible, and it was impossible to get a new one. No more brand-adventures for me. So far, i really liked Samsungs products, especially their notebooks, and right now it's down to the R1 and the P3.

I got to know the P3 pretty well, 3 months ago i recommended it to my girlfriend. My plan was to get one for me, too, but prices seem high at the moment, and the R1 hit the stores. The P3 is 180, while i coud get a R1 for 120, which is quite a difference. I really like the look and feel of the P3, but 180 is a lot of money and also dangerously close to M1 territory.

In the end, the aspect i care most about is the sound quality, so that would be my main question: Is the sound quality of the P3 superior to the one of the R1, or could i save a few bucks and just get the R1? I'm listening with AKG K518DJ headphones with a FiiO E3.

Thanks in advance for any input!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]