android
Old 02-24-2010, 12:32 PM

Default X-fi2 New firware 1.11 will not install

Hey All,

I am having the hardest time installing the new firmware on my x-fi2. When I go to launch the executable I get a “device not connected” message when the device is indeed connected and is seen by the OS in Device Manager and in My Computer as a drive as well.

Currently running Firmware 1.10.04.

Other sudden problems are that when I double click the player in My Computer, mysystem does not know to use Windows Explorer to navigate the device. It prompts me to choose an application to use. This did not happen last month when I first received the unit and before I upgraded the firmware.

The other funny thing is that when I use the AutoUpdate application on the Creative website it fails because it thinks I am running Vista. I happen to be running XP SP3.

I have read many posts that Mediaplayer 11 is a culprit for this issue, but I was running MediaPlayer 9 upto about 24 hours ago and the problem still was present, so I don’t think Mediplayer is the issue.

Any help is appreciated!!! I really want to upgrade the firmware on this thing. Thanks in advance….

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]