android
Old 02-22-2010, 05:25 PM

Default Dying touchscreen?

Recently my P3's upper right quarter of the touchscreen has stopped responding. I've reset and re-updated the firmware but the problem still persists. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Or is there recomendations on what to do?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-23-2010, 12:32 AM

Yes
but i donīt know what to do. I have no problem with that.....

Old 02-23-2010, 04:04 AM

my p3's whole touch screen has died, it's hardware failiour, not software. i assume either:
# a thin film of sensors on the surface has rubbed away (highly unlikely as noticable flaking would show)
# the sensor chip uses mosfet sensor inputs/recievers (likely, for energy saving purposes) and every time the touch screen is used, it slowly dies from static shock, then completely fails.

mine is out of warranty, and i cant find an e-mail address to quote a price on a new sensor panel.

Old 02-23-2010, 06:07 AM

mine is within warranty.....just that i need to get it replaced in Korea
*shakes fist at australia*

Old 02-23-2010, 06:06 PM

I have the same problem, about three months ago i dropped mine from my nightstand. Now i had dropped it from my car's window (not moving) i was replacing some home theater speakers, dropped it from there, no problem. but this time when it landed, it did so screen down, got a nice crack in the upper right corner. Had absolutely no problems at all for about a month and then all of a sudden certain areas of the sudoku screen wouldn't respond unless i pressed extra hard, was no longer able to access the microphone, which i could sorta live without. but as soon as i lost radio i was done. My p3 is still within warranty so i called up samsung yesterday, they e-mailed me a ups shipping tag and asked me to find a suitable package for shipping, im sending it today.

Old 02-27-2010, 03:17 AM

I'm scared...I can't claim any warranty since I live in Australia and bought it in Hong Kong I've dropped it about 3 or 4 times...in 4 months. Not big drops though, but I treat it with extra care haha

Old 02-27-2010, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeatoMosquito View Post
I have the same problem, about three months ago i dropped mine from my nightstand. Now i had dropped it from my car's window (not moving) i was replacing some home theater speakers, dropped it from there, no problem. but this time when it landed, it did so screen down, got a nice crack in the upper right corner. Had absolutely no problems at all for about a month and then all of a sudden certain areas of the sudoku screen wouldn't respond unless i pressed extra hard, was no longer able to access the microphone, which i could sorta live without. but as soon as i lost radio i was done. My p3 is still within warranty so i called up samsung yesterday, they e-mailed me a ups shipping tag and asked me to find a suitable package for shipping, im sending it today.
...But you dropped it? Hence your fault?

Only choice left is to send it back on the warrenty, OP. Hope it gets fixed!