android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen X-Fi2

Old 02-21-2010, 06:14 AM

Default zen x-fi2 sd card slot doesn't seen to add more memory

Have been getting my head around my new x-fi2 but it seems the sd card slot is just a transfer slot and not a genuine extention to the memory. Am i being an idiot or is this the case?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-21-2010, 06:36 AM

There is a menu icon for "SD card", where you can access the files on the card and listen to the music or watch the videos and such, and you can also import them to your player's memory. But it is in a separate library so you can't include songs from it into your playlists on the player itself. So in a way it is an extension, even though it isn't integrated with the library of the player.
Like my work? Tell your friends. Don't like it? Tell me so I can improve. ^.^

Old 02-21-2010, 07:43 AM

Default you can use it but you need.....

Of course you can use an external sd card but the player seems to need free space on the internal memory to import the sd card files to even if only temporarily. hence this does not increase the amount of storage available. and everytime you switch the machine on it needs to re-index the sd card, which if it has a lot of files takes a significant amount of time.

Old 02-21-2010, 08:45 AM

I have never had that problem, but I'll check more into it when I get home.
Like my work? Tell your friends. Don't like it? Tell me so I can improve. ^.^

Old 02-22-2010, 10:05 AM

Well I know for a fact that the sd card is not supposed to act like an external hard drive. It only offers space for you to put things on it so you can watch/listen/view using the storage on the actual sd card. Also there may be something wrong with your sd card but if its doing that weird thing were it has to go through each piece of info on your card it also might suggest a worst case scenario were the actual sd port is malfunctioning. what ever it is you might have to try formatting your ZEN. unfortunately this means deleting everything on your player. just a word of warning though, first of all make sure that your songs/movies/apps/pictures/whatever is backed up. secondly only do this as a last resort after you have contacted creative's customer support. hope this helps!

Old 02-28-2010, 04:57 PM

Hi guys =)

I have kinda the same probs with my sd-card as matt. My Zen want to re-index it everytime I press the "Sd-card" button, even if no changes have been made to it.

I have a Transcend microSDHC card 16gb (class 2).

Worries me abit if the sdport is malfunctioning :/