android
Old 04-30-2008, 09:30 PM

Default H100 (iHP-100) vs. H300

I've stumbled upon both players and from what I've read, the specs are pretty similar and both support Rockbox.

H100/iHP-100 pros:
- Optical line-in/line-out (or is it digital?)
- Less expensive
H100/iHP-100 cons:
- Monochrome screen
- Joystick

H300 pros:
- Color screen
- Buttons instead of joystick
- USB OTG (non US version )
H300 cons:
- MTP (with stock US firmware)
- "DRM keys missing" message with Korean firmware

Anything I'm missing? Is the H300 worth the extra money? I presently have an iriver T60 and when I bought it, thought 4 GB would be enough, but it seems it's not. And I really miss the lack of line-out.

Thanks for your input.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-10-2008, 09:31 PM

First thing you do when you get your H340 should be to install Rockbox on it. Standard FW is junk.

I love my H140, but for slightly different reasons than why I love my H340 - each has their particular uses. If you can afford both, buy both but I'd go for the H340 as it has some useful features like charge-via-USB (H140 needs to be plugged into AC adapter regardless) and also has mildly useful stuff like internal realtime clock and slightly improved electronics (I think).

Old 03-23-2009, 02:30 PM

I just got a used iHP-120, instantly put Rockbox on it and I love it. I'm seriously thinking of getting a used H320 also.

Old 05-17-2009, 03:38 PM

In addition to the other one, I got a like-new used H320. These players are awesome!

Old 05-17-2009, 03:41 PM

Nice, maybe put a CF in it, for maximum speed, battery life, durability: http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/CFModGuide

Old 05-17-2009, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
Nice, maybe put a CF in it, for maximum speed, battery life, durability: http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/CFModGuide
It's already in my plans! I'll get one card (32 GB) and two adapters and I'll test both. If it works well, I'll do both. And I also have to test it on a friend's 4th gen iPod (with a dead HD) so he can run Rockbox.

Old 08-30-2009, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Done!

Old 08-31-2009, 07:36 AM

Now that's snazzy! Congrats on your 2009-worthy player.

Old 12-01-2009, 03:33 PM

I did it again in my iHP-120, a friend's iPod 4th gen and another friend's iPod Mini 2nd gen.

Old 12-01-2009, 03:38 PM

Unhappy

I ordered another card from Newegg, but ran in some bad luck. In essence, the new one, which is the same model but with a different part number, is not compatible. I won't repeat myself, more details here http://www.misticriver.net/forums/da...-bad-luck.html

Old 12-02-2009, 06:09 AM

This is weird... I thought only older, smaller cards (up to 2GB or so) weren't ATA-compliant. Maybe you should ask in the Rockbox IRC channel what's going on. Those guys might know for sure - especially since you got two different ATA errors in Rockbox.

I'm sure you read this on Rockbox's CF-mod Wiki page - seems iRivers are rather picky about the whole procedure:

Quote:
Note: On iRiver H1x0 targets, if a CFMod has been performed, returning from USB disk mode is not fully supported from the bootloader. Disk mode works to and from Rockbox (after RB has booted) but to Rockbox from bootloader USB disk mode. In other words, if a user plugs in the USB cable with the player turned off, then boots the player they will get into a working USB disk mode but will be unable to get out of this mode without seeing the dreaded "ATA error: -80". A reset is then required.

Old 12-05-2009, 12:02 PM

For now, my H120 is pretty stable with my working CF card. I managed to sell the other card to a coworker who has a Canon Powershot G5 at the same price I bought it, so no Newegg restocking fees. The H320 is running on the H120's old disk drive for now. The other thread about the 64 GB SSD seems interesting.

Old 12-23-2009, 06:04 PM

I checked the prices for SSD and it's pretty much out of the question for now; I am going to stick with a compatible 32 GB CF card.

For those who would like to know:
Part number of compatible card: 9904246-022.A00LF
Part number of incompatible card: 9904321-008.A00LF

Old 02-04-2010, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
I ordered another card from Newegg, but ran in some bad luck. In essence, the new one, which is the same model but with a different part number, is not compatible. I won't repeat myself, more details here http://www.misticriver.net/forums/da...-bad-luck.html
Ah, misticriver has been down for around a week at least. I hope like hell it comes back up. You may have to repeat yourself.

Old 02-04-2010, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
For now, my H120 is pretty stable with my working CF card. I managed to sell the other card to a coworker who has a Canon Powershot G5 at the same price I bought it, so no Newegg restocking fees. The H320 is running on the H120's old disk drive for now. The other thread about the 64 GB SSD seems interesting.
H120's will work with CF cards? Where can I get information concerning this? I have an H120 (with 30GB HD since the 20GB died) and an H140. My friend's H120 just had his HD die. He dropped it on a carpeted floor.

Old 02-04-2010, 09:13 AM

Misticriver won't come back.

You can look up all info about CF mods in the Rockbox link that I have posted above in this thread.

Old 02-05-2010, 11:55 AM

Default H340's win I think

Hi All,
Just found out that Misticriver site closed down! dam it! was a great site for iRiver owners & more!
I think that the 300 series are the best for functions & the colour screen, but would only use Rockbox as the original firmware is poor.
I like the CF mod, I've done that too! on a H320 with the same CF card make! gives about 2 hours extra on the battery life!
That's all for me now.
Regards Tom.

Old 03-04-2010, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Misticriver won't come back.

You can look up all info about CF mods in the Rockbox link that I have posted above in this thread.
It's back!

Old 03-04-2010, 11:29 AM

Yes, we know. I was echoing false information, sorry for that.

Old 03-04-2010, 11:45 AM
Off-Topic Moderator

Quote:
Yes, we know. I was echoing false information, sorry for that.
FWIW, it was not false information at the time. It was true until the plans were changed again.