android
Old 03-03-2010, 08:16 AM

Hi guys. I'm a new S545 user and I thought I'd put my issue here instead of creating a new thread.

My own problem is that whenever my unit is idle for an extended period of time, the only way I can turn it on is with the reset button.

I've read reports of people having their unit "keep sleeping" for 5min after being idle more than 4hours. But mine simply won't start.

Yes, the Hold button is not activated.

Yes, the battery is fully charged.

I have this behavior whether or not I let my unit connected to my computer.

Has anyone else experienced and (more importantly) fixed this?

The unit is still new and the seller has a 30days warranty, so if you guys tell me it's not supposed to happen I'm going to return it for another one.

Thanks!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-03-2010, 08:31 AM
Ultra Senior Member

That's definitely not supposed to happen......I would initiate the return process.

Old 03-03-2010, 08:52 AM
Banned

No, that's abnormal.

Old 03-05-2010, 11:39 PM

Hey guys, another relatively new S545 user here. I've been having an issue with my model as of late. This has been going on for about two days now. Whenever I try to plug it into my laptop or any PC, many things happen:

1. it shuts off for at least five minutes,
2. my PC doesn't recognize it, but when I unplug the USB cable after waiting a bit, the player resets.
3. it'll actually stay plugged in for a short while, but the slightest touch will cause my player to reset or shut off.

This issue has sprung up since I downloaded the firmware. I have no idea what's causing this and any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Tags
s545