android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Samsung > Samsung P3

Old 03-05-2010, 12:27 AM

Default Sound quality: bass on the P3, live recordings sometimes not so good(?)

Hi, I listen to heavy bassy dance music. I like subs. mmmmmm

I also listen to recorded DJ sets which sometimes need a volume boost (not eq really, just need what's there louder).

Anyway, I know a player will never improve quality but I need a player that will satisfy my quest for bass and will sound big and loud if the recording is lacking a bit.

It seems from what I have read that the P3 might not be right? Otherwise it seems like a dream... still sound quality is pretty high up on my list for a DAP!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-07-2010, 02:33 PM

What phones do you use? Perhaps it's time to switch to some more bass oriented IEMs, like Skullcandies (a big no no for me, but good for bassheads who like nothing but bass).

If you already have great phones, try turning clarity to 1, and putting the "Bass" up all the way, and keeping "3D" under 2.

Hope that helps

Old 03-07-2010, 02:47 PM

PMPs are NOT build for such a heavy bass... if you need it try to use Hi-Fi headphones and put the bass up to max. and clarity and 3D, too..
You can try to use Nero Wave Editor and edit the audio files for more quality....

If you ask me try to put bass on 3 and 3D and clarity up to max. then put the treb. on the EQ of the DNSe up to 10 and the one of the master EQ up to 2... and the bass up to maximal 1...... just MY oppinion...

Old 03-09-2010, 10:20 AM

Sony A-series is pretty bassey! I'm loving it!