android
Old 03-06-2010, 05:50 PM

Default get rid of scratches

hi
i am just wondering if anyone knows a way to get rid of scratches on the screen? it would be awsome if anyone does cos i have a really noticable scratch that is annoying me

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-06-2010, 06:37 PM

Back when I had a sansa I used toothpaste and a wet microfiber cloth to remove scratches. I don't know how this treats touchscreens though, so do it at your own risk.

Old 03-07-2010, 06:17 AM
X-Fi2 App Master

If you haven't already then I'd advise you to get a screen protector, they really help to keep your player in good condition

Old 03-08-2010, 01:02 AM

Quote:
i am just wondering if anyone knows a way to get rid of scratches on the screen? it would be awsome if anyone does cos i have a really noticable scratch that is annoying me
Applesauce Polish works REALLY well! It is designed for iPods *sigh* but works on most similar kinds of things (I've used it on my Zen Vision:M, my Nokia 6600 and my partner's mobile phone with great success). It wont completely remove really really bad scratches, but it gets rid of most scratches. I think theres a youtube video or two which shows you how well it works. The site for it is http://www.applesaucepolish.com/

Old 03-10-2010, 04:04 PM

if you're too cheap to buy a screen protector (like me), just use a piece of large transparent tape. Cut it to the right size, and put some ethanol on the screen to keep the bubbles out.

Old 03-11-2010, 02:09 PM

I am not cheap the problem is it got scratched on the first day i had it. i know how to protect it in future i was just wondering if there was a way to get ris of existing scratches