android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen Mozaic

Old 03-11-2010, 02:56 AM

Default Alarm function only random songs? / Alarm over Headphones

I'm looking for a portable mp3 player with a alarm function and found the Zen Mozaic, but got two questions before buying this device.

Question1: I read in a review that the alarm function plays songs completely random and that you can't choose a playlist or a song to wake u up, is that true? I really need this feature!

Question2: When headphones are plugged in, does the alarm play over the built-in speakers or over headphones? I want the alarm to be played over headphones!

If these two things are not possible, do you know another device that would do the job under 100$?
I own a Cowon iAudio9 which does the job, but i need a seperate device for my bedroom.

Last edited by h1ghb1rd; 03-11-2010 at 03:05 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-12-2010, 05:45 AM

The Alarm ca be set to Radio, Play any track (Random Choice of loaded Music) or Off. With the final option the player will play what ever was on when it was switched of. So if you what a specific playlist to play. Set the Alarm time with Audio Off. Start playing your required playlist and turn the player off. The Play list will then be what plays when the Alarm goes off.

In terms of if the Alarm will play over the head phones I would guess yes as the speaker is only used when there are no head phones plugged in. I haven't verified this however as I always use the Speaker!

Old 03-12-2010, 07:07 AM

Thank you BigSigh!
I just ordered a Creative ZEN Mozaic EZ300 8GB, i hope he plays the alarm over the headphone-out.