android
Old 03-11-2010, 07:25 PM

I've made the first gun move. It's not much, but it's something. It's a desert eagle now instead of the revolver. It functions, but it crashes if you fire it too many times and gets stuck on the second frame. Here's the code I changed, if anyone knows how to fix it. Meanwhile, I'll figure it out for the other 3 guns.

function deserteagleshot()

text.draw(350,222,"BACK") --kan hier beter een plaatje van maken, of toevoegen aan al de plaatjes die je al hebt
screen.update()

while loop==1 do
if control.read()==1 then
if control.isTouch()==1 then
if touch.click()==1 then
xn,yn = touch.pos()
if xn >= 185 and xn <= (185 + 71) and yn >= 100 and yn <= (100 + 71) then
image.load("gunz/deserteaglefire.png"):draw(0,0)
text.draw(350,222,"BACK")
shotdeserteagle: play()
screen.update()
image.load("gunz/deserteaglerecoil.png"):draw(0,0)
screen.update()
image.load("gunz/deserteaglerecover.png"):draw(0,0)
screen.update()
image.load("gunz/deserteagle.png"):draw(0,0)
screen.update()
elseif xn >= 340 and yn >= 220 then -- dit is de plek van "BACK"
loop=0 menu()
end;
end
elseif control.isButton()==1 then
if button.click()==1 then
break
end
end
else
os.sleep(10)
end
end
end

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-12-2010, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikc4 View Post
Edit x2: I'm picking this up. I don't know much about programming, but I've changed all the guns and sounds and stuff already, so I think I might be able to do this. I'm going to try to make some of my suggestions happen and upload the progress on here. I've got A desert Eagle, AK 47, Spas 12 and Barrett 50 cal right now. They've got good sounds too. A good resource for sounds is fpsbanana. Go to the skins section for counter strike and there'll be sounds for tons of different gun included in the zip files. I want to add accellerometer firing as well, but I don't know about that yet, I'm still trying to figure it out.

Now, time to make the guns move. Wish me luck.
Cool! cant wait for the release

Old 03-12-2010, 09:07 AM

Who want (.44 Magnum, M16, shotgun, Famas) movement triggers make?

@nikc4, How long have you done about the code?

Old 03-12-2010, 05:51 PM

If you mean how long have I been programming, then the answer would be 3 days. And I have a new respect for the programmers, this is crazy hard for me.

Anyways:

The new version is done. I've got moving guns, and a new, cooler background.

Problems:
It crashes randomly when you fire guns, I'm not sure why, and it doesn't do it on the ADK. It can happen after 1 shot, or after 20, or not at all. If it does, restart your player.

The AK animation is cheesy, but the processor won't let me load the non-firing image between firing images fast enough for it to look right.

Future updates (if I can figure them out):
semi auto option for AK
more guns
accellerometer firing
ammo count and reloading

background.png
deserteagle.png
deserteaglefire.png
deserteaglerecoil.png

Enjoy:
Gunz.zip <-----
^^^^
| | | |

If I can make a new topic for this, let me know, that way more people will find it, if not, could someone indicate in the title that there is a new version on post #24.

Also, if you guys could vote for the next gun, that'd be great.
Thanks!

Last edited by nikc4; 03-12-2010 at 06:13 PM.

Old 03-12-2010, 09:18 PM

i love it, but im wondering what COULD the next gun be?

Old 03-13-2010, 05:02 AM
X-Fi2 App Master

I vote for some kind of futuristic gun... Like something from Halo?

Old 03-13-2010, 06:21 AM

Why not something more like a hunter rifle?
Or maybe a Swedish Kpist, those were quite popular back in the days.
Another one might be a .22 cal small bore rifle, It's nowhere near as heavy as the others, but it's nice to shoot with. I'd suggest an AnscŁtz 1907, I've got one of those :P
Otherwise maybe a 6,5mm CG80 or Sauer. (Security mag inserted in the picture, but no one will notice unless they've got experience with it xD)
Like my work? Tell your friends. Don't like it? Tell me so I can improve. ^.^

Old 03-13-2010, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertsAccount View Post
I vote for some kind of futuristic gun... Like something from Halo?
i agree. halo guns look awesome. how bout the MA5C Assault Rifle:

It looks awesome

Old 03-13-2010, 07:18 AM

@ Nikc4, It is good but it is not intended that you own a game / app does? And not someone else "taking away".

Old 03-13-2010, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blikbier View Post
@ Nikc4, It is good but it is not intended that you own a game / app does? And not someone else "taking away".
I agree. Nothing prevents you (Nikc4) from making your own similar app, but to continue on it like this without approval of the original creator is quite intrusive.
Granted, I've done a similar thing with Paint, but I asked the creator beforehand if I could release my version to the public.

Old 03-13-2010, 08:04 AM

Thank you for understanding, habhome. And I find it more annoying, maybe you should make a different app?

@ Habhome, Dynablade is fun!

Old 03-13-2010, 10:21 AM

Look, I don't know hardly anything about programming, so I can't really create my own. This is the only app so far that has really grabbed my attention, so I looked to improve it. If you guys don't want any improvements from me, then I can stop. I was just trying to help where I can. How many people have modified the soundboard? Have any of them gotten criticized for it?

@blikblier,
If you want me to stop, I can. You can have your app back. If not, let me know, and I'll continue. I realize I should have asked first, and I'm sorry about that. I'm just impatient and don't like to wait for other people to make the changes I want when I can make them myself.

If I am allowed to continue, I'd rather not do a halo gun, simply because I've never played it. My current ideas for the next set of weapons are:

M4 Sopmod with a grenade launcher
Uzi with attachable silencer
Gauss Rifle from S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
and a MK 2 Grenade

I also like Habhome's idea with the older-style rifles. The anschutz specifically caught my attention. I'll look into that.

Again, only if I get permission from blikblier.

Last edited by nikc4; 03-13-2010 at 10:27 AM.

Old 03-13-2010, 12:43 PM

give him permission pleaseee, although the regular gunz app from blikbeir had a M16 and famas (i love them) so maybe include them? or maybe you could make the app but privately distribute (sounds illegal, lol)

Old 03-13-2010, 12:54 PM
X-Fi2 App Master

I think you guys should have two separate apps, a bit of friendly competition never hurt anyone!

Old 03-13-2010, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertsAccount View Post
I think you guys should have two separate apps, a bit of friendly competition never hurt anyone!
true, maybe a collab? work together to create a great Gunz app?

Old 03-13-2010, 05:29 PM

@Nikc4: The reason so many people have modified their own versions of the soundboard ZENDaft is, 1. because the creator said people were free to do it and 2. because it is a very simple kind of code. Just click and respond appropriately.
Therefore it would be no problem for you to create your own gun simulator app based on the soundboard and give it a different name than "Gunz". And as RobertsAccount said, friendly competition have never hurt anyone. Just look at the two Note taking apps. Both are awesome thanks to being inspired by each other.

Old 03-13-2010, 07:54 PM

I would, but again, I don't know how. I only tried on programming 4 days ago. Simply rearranging blikbliers program to something that made more sense to me made it not work anymore.

I'm trying to learn how to program, but I'm learning through experimentation with this program. All I've really figured out so far is how to change what's on the screen, and how to change x and y coordinates.

I meant no disrespect when I took this on. I'm not trying to "steal" blikblier's program. No matter how many changes I make it will still be his/her program. I left the title as Gunz in order to emphasize that. I really don't want to compete against him/her. I'm trying to help make a program that people enjoy, I'm not trying to steal the limelight.

Could you please just let me do this?

Old 03-14-2010, 06:34 AM

@Nikc4, Its a him ;D

READ THIS!
I have the app nikc4 and me made together. (Ak47, my shotgun his way). But he wants the second menu does not load! So if anyone here want to help? Download below.

Download link:
http://uploading.com/files/22f6b815/Gunz.zip/

Old 03-14-2010, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikc4 View Post
I would, but again, I don't know how. I only tried on programming 4 days ago. Simply rearranging blikbliers program to something that made more sense to me made it not work anymore.

I'm trying to learn how to program, but I'm learning through experimentation with this program. All I've really figured out so far is how to change what's on the screen, and how to change x and y coordinates.

I meant no disrespect when I took this on. I'm not trying to "steal" blikblier's program. No matter how many changes I make it will still be his/her program. I left the title as Gunz in order to emphasize that. I really don't want to compete against him/her. I'm trying to help make a program that people enjoy, I'm not trying to steal the limelight.

Could you please just let me do this?
It's all up to blikblier. But if you think about it. Now that you have experimented with his code you should be able to modify the Soundboard code yourself into your own code which works in a similar way. You won't learn anything unless you try and fail, that's how I did it.

Old 03-14-2010, 08:54 PM

I have a new version, and it looks like blikblier wants to collab, so I'll post it:

Gunz.zip

It has 2 gun menus, and the assault rifle has a grenade launcher and a semi auto function. More to come soon.

Thanks Blikblier!

Edit: Also, my menu lets you go back, so you might want to go through the code and see what it's doing that your isn't. I've been through your code, so I don't know what it is, but you might.

Last edited by nikc4; 03-15-2010 at 02:39 PM.