android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Cowon iAudio > Cowon iAudio 9/9+

Old 01-18-2010, 06:20 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Setting> Time. I was able to set the time and date in 1.12. It's a little tricky though. Scroll to what you want to change. Hit play. Change it to what you want. Hit Play. Scroll to the next item and repeat.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-19-2010, 04:46 AM

No, that's not what I meant, of course I know how to set the time - but good to hear it works normally for you (assuming it does?).

On mine it loses the correct time as soon as you leave the clock setting menu and displays something random instead. You set, say, 3:12 for time and 2010 for year - you exit the menu and it displays 5:12 and 2011 instead of the correct time. You actually can see the random, incorrect time in the small clock in the header bar, displaying something different while you try to set the time.

I reset the player, but it didn't help. Next step, back to 1.11.

Old 01-19-2010, 08:59 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Sorry to hear your clock isn't working. Mine has the right time today after setting it yesterday. You might have to confirm each selection and not just leave the setting after changing the number. Setting was a little unusual compared to clock setting on other devices, so it may be as simple as a following tap to confirm that you don't expect to need.

Old 01-24-2010, 04:16 AM

Default iAudio 9 firmware upgrade 1.13

Available for download:

Fixed the error of setting date and time.

Old 01-27-2010, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gideonMorrison View Post
Hiya EnzoTen, when you do expect the review to be out? I'm still deciding between the s9 and the i9, so keeping my hopes up!
I too am eagerly awaiting a review. It'll either make or break my purchase of an i9. Probably make from the look of things

Old 01-27-2010, 09:53 AM

This has nothing to do with the issues I described above in detail. It's a simple fact that it is 100% impossible to set the clock on my i9. Why it is working on yours is a mystery. To show I'm not a complete retard that's too incompetent to set a goddamn clock:

Quote:
iAUDIO 9 Firmware V1.13

Improvement
- Fixed the error of setting date and time.
http://www.cowonglobal.com/zeroboard...&bmenu=support

Old 01-27-2010, 09:54 AM

And here's the actual download link - http://www.cowonglobal.com/zeroboard...&bmenu=support

Old 03-14-2010, 05:39 PM

First of all, hello everybody! My first message to ABI forums (though I have read a lot of reviews and other articles from ABI).

So, I ordered a 16GB iAudio 9 from advancedmp3players and while I wait for its arrival, I'd like to know if I have to apply all previous firmwares before installing this one?

( Cowon S9 16Gb + Fiio E7 + Beyerdynamic DT-880 Pro ) = PURE ENJOYMENT

Old 03-14-2010, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JouHou View Post
First of all, hello everybody! My first message to ABI forums (though I have read a lot of reviews and other articles from ABI).

So, I ordered a 16GB iAudio 9 from advancedmp3players and while I wait for its arrival, I'd like to know if I have to apply all previous firmwares before installing this one?
Hi back at you and welcome to abi. No you don't have to install all previous firmwares before installing latest version and it's possible that your new player will already come with 1.13 fw. If not you can go here for instructions and download.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 03-14-2010, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post
Hi back at you and welcome to abi. No you don't have to install all previous firmwares before installing latest version and it's possible that your new player will already come with 1.13 fw. If not you can go here for instructions and download.
Okay, thanks for the information. Let's hope it's already been updated.

PS. How can I change the time mode from 12h to 24h? I checked from FAQ, searched...

Old 03-14-2010, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Okay, thanks for the information. Let's hope it's already been updated.

PS. How can I change the time mode from 12h to 24h? I checked from FAQ, searched...
You might want to read http://www.cowonglobal.com/download/...nual_1.1EN.pdf for your questions, if you have some that are not covered or you don't understand they we could address them in a FAQ thread.

Edit: it's in the settings, don't remember exactly where but I can't check now as I'm nearing the end of a battery test till hopefull 12:00 tonight.

Old 03-14-2010, 06:21 PM

Quote:
You might want to read http://www.cowonglobal.com/download/...nual_1.1EN.pdf for your questions, if you have some that are not covered or you don't understand they we could address them in a FAQ thread.
Sorry, my bad, I meant the forum time mode.

Old 03-14-2010, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Sorry, my bad, I meant the forum time mode.
User CP (user controll panel)/edit options near the bottom iirc.

Old 05-17-2010, 12:56 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Default Firmware Update 1.14 for the I9.

I stumbled on this by accident. Looks like the i9 is still getting support from Cowon.

CowonGlobal

- Improved album art quality.
- Fixed the playback error in certain MP3 and OGG files.
- Fixed the error of displaying tag information of OGG files that don’t have ID3 tags.
- Fixed the error of gapless playback in MONO music files.
- Fixed the error of updating video clip preview when it is switched from earphone to speaker or the other way in video clip preview mode.

Old 05-17-2010, 03:54 PM

Thanks Olley, I just put dfkt's as a sticky and will be merging the others to it. When I get a chance I'll edit the first post. Anyone useing feel free to post their exp. with it and I'll updat mine later.

Edit: ok all done, if you see any updates please post to sticky and I'll edit dfkt's origional post or I'm sure he will, thanks

Last edited by WalkGood; 05-17-2010 at 04:06 PM.

Old 05-18-2010, 10:36 AM

beware of upgrading to 1.14! it f***ed up pretty everything on my i9. crashed on music screen, no text (!) appearing any more. tried it more times, didn't work out. downgraded to 1.13 and - thank god! - everything's fine again. but: all my settings are gone. i am so p*ssed right now.

Old 05-18-2010, 03:31 PM

Upgrading to 1.14 worked perfectly fine on my girlfriend's i9.

Are you sure you put all three firmware .bin files on the player? Sounds to me like you forgot the font and resource files.

Old 05-18-2010, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
Upgrading to 1.14 worked perfectly fine on my girlfriend's i9.

Are you sure you put all three firmware .bin files on the player? Sounds to me like you forgot the font and resource files.
all three went there, including "success" information at the end of upgrade process. did exactly the same with the 1.13 downgrade afterwards...

Old 05-18-2010, 03:59 PM

I had forgotten to update mine yesterday but just did it and all is well, rocking to a few tunes and no problems. Probably try again and hopefully you’ll have success.

Old 05-19-2010, 11:54 AM

Quote:
... Probably try again and hopefully you’ll have success.
i just downloaded the fw from cowon-global instead of cowon-germany like before and gave it another try... ha, success!

(i can't see any difference in shown album art quality, but: okay. )