android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Samsung

Old 03-11-2010, 01:48 PM

Default YH-J70 - battery replaced and still MAX 4 hours of work

Hi to everybody.

I have YH-J70 player (30 GB version). I have used it for 2 years - every day in the beginning, down to twice per month later.
Recently I noticed that the battery drops TOO fast - with fully charged battery it plays about 4-5 hours (volume is 35), but when it was still new I was able to listen about 15-16 hours.
So I concluded the battery is dying - and replaced with another battery with a slithly larger power rating (original was 970mAh, new is 1090 mAh).
But nothing changed - even with a new battery it still lasts for only 4-5 hours.

Can someone with greater experience tell me what the problem could be most likely ? I am thinking about HDD increased consumation or wrong measurement of battery voltage level ?

Thanks to all who help.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-15-2010, 07:40 AM
Samsung Moderator

Maybe you should have bought the same battery as regards capacity (970mAh)
A generic 1090 mAh battery may be the problem
Several people changed the battery without any problem and got the 15hrs battery life again

Old 03-16-2010, 02:19 AM

It was not possible for me to order the original battery from Samsung (too expensive for my location). Could you point some of your clues why this "generic" battery can be a problem ? The battery is original LI-10B/Li-12B. Why do you think it is the battery and not the charger unit in player ?

Old 03-16-2010, 05:59 AM
Samsung Moderator

Well I'm not an engineer but I know there is a risk when you use another battery than the original one, especially when the capacity differs.

I know several people who changed the battery of their YH-J70 (I've never done it due to the price) and with the same new battery it works fine.

But that also may be the charger unit in the player as you said. So the only solution to know what is the issue exactly is to buy a 2nd battery

Old 03-16-2010, 07:16 AM

When the player was new, the battery has been charging for about 4 hours. Just before I replaced the battery, it was charged for about 2 hours. Now, with the new battery it is also fully charged for about 2 hours (I measured the voltage with voltmeter and it says 4.1 V)

Tags
short battery life