android
Old 12-03-2009, 05:20 PM

Default No Power at All

I wondering how you tell the difference between a Battery problem or something else when my Zen Vision M (30Gb) is not showing any power at all.
I tried the reset button, used it on a different computer, and also brought it to futureshop to hook up to an AC adapter, but still no sign of life (no blue light or anything).

It worked great for months, but after not using for awhile, I can't get any life out of it at all.

Thanks for any help!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-12-2009, 08:31 PM

Well I've taken it apart to see if anything looks out of place (wires loose, cracked etc.) and everything looks OK.
Have any of you tried to use a meter to test the battery?
If so, any suggestions on how to go about this?

(I'm trying to narrow this down to a battery/motherboard problem)

Thanks for any help!

Old 12-28-2009, 02:05 AM
Ultra Senior Member

If you get no blue light whatsoever, even when plugged into a charger, then it is probably motherboard-related. However, try unplugging the battery from the motherboard and plug the player into a charger again. If you get a blue light or other signs of life, then your battery is certainly bad. If you still don't get a blue light or any other sign of life, then it is your mainboard.

Old 03-17-2010, 12:27 PM

First time user of this forum having similar issues to the original post - I get a solid blue light when connected to my wall charger or car cigarette lighter but my ZVM still doesn't turn on. I don't have any back lights to the the "play, short cut etc" buttons either. I opened up the the ZVM and disconnected the battery and plugged it in the wall via the charger and still got a solid blue light but still not turning on (I'm not sure if it's supposed to in this state). I tried to reset but that didn't work and also tired to restore to original factory settings by pressing reset and power on, that didn't work either. from the sounds of the last post by zen chick my battery is dead because i get a solid blue light. My questions are: 1) why is the ZVM not starting up when the battery is disconnected but connected to the wall charger? If it was the battery surely the player should start up as normal. 2) when connecting the usb cable through the adaptor i get nothing not even a solid light with or without the battery connected to the mother board - i've had them connected for hours but still nothing....hope anyone can give some advise here.

Old 03-17-2010, 05:48 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Bad board.

Old 03-18-2010, 05:11 AM

Red face

Thanks for the quick reply, at least i can stop scratchimg my head now. I'm presuming this could either be a minor connection issue or the whole motherboard has gone. Is it worth getthing this checked out by someone (i might even take the whole thing apart myself to see if there are any connection issues) or try and purchase a mother board from somewhere a faulty zvm perhaps. Not sure how much stand alone mother boards cost or whether it's just better getting another player. Creative said they can repair it for about 94 ($150 or so) for that price id rather just buy a new player.

Old 03-18-2010, 06:25 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihasan Ahmed View Post
Thanks for the quick reply, at least i can stop scratchimg my head now. I'm presuming this could either be a minor connection issue or the whole motherboard has gone. Is it worth getthing this checked out by someone (i might even take the whole thing apart myself to see if there are any connection issues) or try and purchase a mother board from somewhere a faulty zvm perhaps. Not sure how much stand alone mother boards cost or whether it's just better getting another player. Creative said they can repair it for about 94 ($150 or so) for that price id rather just buy a new player.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Creative-ZEN-Vis...item5d280f8e82