android
Old 03-07-2010, 06:56 PM

Red face Should I Get a P3????

Hiya I'm in search for another mp3 player that's not overpriced lol.

I bought the Cowon s9 16gb player a month ago and was really dissapointed with the sound quality I have heard so many great things but it was a bummer that my Sennheiser 438's headphones couldn't do much with this player, My headphones are not the best but should have gotten something outta the player.

Anyways I was thinking of getting a Samsung P3 32gb player; I tested a song on my Samsung Behold and was really impressed with the quality, It's a phone by the way; and I heard this player has great sound quality too but I dont' want nto make the same mistake by just believing the hype, so I'm searching for a good player that does'nt break the bank.

The ones that have my eye are the P3, the Sony 16gb S545, the Zune HD 32gb. My girl has the Zune hd 16gb and it sounds good but I need my headphone amp to listen to it at the level i want. So i'm asking in your personal opionion what would be better. I want to listen to lossless but it's not like a deal breaker.

Last edited by CronosX9x9X; 03-07-2010 at 07:03 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-07-2010, 08:34 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Did you play around with the EQ and enhancements of the S9? You should be able to make almost any headphone sound decent with one. The same can be said of the P3.....the EQ and DNSe effects work very well.

I have the S545 and think it sounds pretty good with any of the headphones in my sig.....but I don't have the Sennheisers that you have.

Old 03-07-2010, 11:45 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I love my P3,.............the Sq is fantastic, the battery life is good, and watching vids on it is quite nice. I'd say it's a great deal. I also had a Zune:HD 32gb, I sent it back. I prefer the Samsung sound myself,..................

Old 03-08-2010, 12:39 AM
Ultra Senior Member

can you describe why you dont like the sound of S9?? is it too harsh or maybe because the lack of bass?? (just to make sure if P3 will make you satisfied)

Old 03-08-2010, 06:45 PM

Well the S9 just didn't have the immersive surround sound exp that I wanted and the sound was a bit harsh with the volume turned up cause I like my music loud and I didn't think the s9 was worth the money I paid I'm really leaning toward the Sony 16gb S545 cause I just wanted a normal decent quality player for cheap now I was looking at the zen16gb too. Because I like tactile buttons rather than touch screen cause I listen to music i don't enjoy movies on it just music so I think the P3 is a tad much as well so maybe the S545 will be good I just hope it lasts for more than a year.

Old 03-08-2010, 06:48 PM
Ultra Senior Member

5 months so far with my S545.

Old 03-08-2010, 06:58 PM

can tell me about any other downsides to the s545? I was thinking of getting the creative x-fi the first one

Old 03-08-2010, 11:28 PM
Ultra Senior Member

dont get creative zen x-fi or you will be sorry

Old 03-09-2010, 01:54 PM

Default Get One

Ive had the P3 for 8 months does almost everything right, sound quality is above average eq is pretty good, never messed with a cowon S9, but I can't still get over my creative zen M to me it was the best player ever, but I would recommened the P3 in silver just diffrent love black but everybody has the black.

Old 03-09-2010, 06:19 PM

you can get iriver spinn for 74$, the quality of sound is great but then again I'm not an expert in that. I bought it a weak ago and I'm quite satisfied with it.

Old 03-12-2010, 12:11 PM

The Cowon S9 and the Samsung P3 are extremely similar. Chances are if you didn't like one, you won't like the other.

I can't comprehend how you could ever be disappointed with the S9 though. Though I like the P3 more, when I tried an S9 I thought it was really good. Are you definitely sure it's not the files you're using in crappy codecs? What bitrate are the files you put on there?

Old 03-12-2010, 05:10 PM

p3 is my first pmp, and i love it....

Best features for me are non com[licated menus, video is crystal clear, sound is awesome... i got my 32gig for 200$ so i was pretty happy

Old 03-13-2010, 09:32 PM

Smile I love the P3

I really like my P3 and I would deff suggest that you go for it, but a few warnings that i wish I had known! It is difficult to get music from itunes to the p3 with album art, but it is possible! you MUST create and Mp3 copy of every song that you want in itunes in order to get album art and then go into my docs and find where the itunes music folder is and drag and drop all the mp3s to your P3, and this can be a lengthy process, but other then that, getting youtube videos onto it is fairly easy, and this can be accomplished in a number of ways! but over all the P3 is the best player I have had so far!

Old 03-20-2010, 07:32 AM

i suggest a sansa clip + or a sony a series- the new really thin one- depending on where u live

Old 03-20-2010, 10:06 AM

I've enjoyed my P3 with the sound quality but I have only played with Sansa Fuze & clip, and a Toshiba GB. Using WMP at 320 Kbps with either Sony MDR-V7 cans or Sony MDREX300 ear buds I've been happy (though I still wonder why those ear buds are asymmetrical on length). I have discovered a lot of my music again and it is making want to look for the player that has the best sound at all volumes and the cans or earphones that can do it too at a reasonable price. Also my P3 w/my Bose sound dock II sounds great. So basically, the P3 has worked for me.